chapter 35 // haven

Darkness.

Screaming.

Panic.

Fear.

They were back, the demons that consumed me at night. Except, this time they were real and my darkest dreams were happening.

My eyes flashed around throughout the darkness of my bedroom, trying to make out any figure or shape. I couldn't see anything but I heard faint whispers across the room. My chest was heaving up and down even as much as I tried to take deep breaths.

My airway was cut off in seconds by hands grabbing me from behind, pressing a rag into my nose. The world swirled around me as I began falling back. All I could sense was another man dragging the holster away from my nightstand, once again stripping myself of the only thing that made me feel like I mattered.

I tried to cry out against the rag that was now shoved into my mouth but the world became too dark to function, much too quickly.

**

The heavy chains clung to my feet as the light began pushing its way into my eyes. I blinked a few times, letting them adjust to the sights around me. It was fairly dim with a couple orange hued lights that were half burnt out. One small window indented into the wall, allowing a small amount of natural light to peek in.

The room was mainly concrete with hints of old brick. It looked like the warehouse that Sin had brought me to except much smaller. I tried to squirm my arms around but they were chain-linked behind my back as well. I was feeling complete defeat, I didn't know what to do. How would I contact Tan without my gear?

Evin had been awful in the past but nothing like this. For the few nights that I was there, he had just locked me in my bedroom like always. But now, I was moved into this concrete building that I had no recall of.

As I tried shoving my ankles through the chains, the slight murmur of a door creaking open filled my ears. I tensed up with complete fear, unknowing what I would see next. But, it was only Evin walking through the door. He was decked out in a beautiful blue suit, a watch that probably would have costed a fortune, and gold rimmed glasses.

He tapped on his chin a few times, looking up and down my body, before speaking his first words.

"You will accompany me to the ball tonight. No speaking, no looking up, nothing. You obey me and my orders or you will be shoved back down here to the pits." He spoke abruptly.

Without another word, he snapped two of his fingers together which had two men stumbling into the room. They didn't waste their time unlocking the chains and gripping onto my arm. Their hands dug into my flesh, bound to make a mark. I whimpered out as they pulled me upwards.

My body felt weak, so very weak. My blood felt drained from all over, my head was pounding, and my skin was littered with dirt specks. I felt defeated. I couldn't even find that fight in myself anymore.

They led me out the doors, down the concrete hallway, and shoved me into another room. This room looked the same as the one we were in except it had a small bathroom setup. The bath was filled halfway with murky water, steaming from the heat.

"I-I can't do hot baths, it has to be cold." I muttered as they began shoving me closer to the bath.

One of the men, who stood around 6 foot with blonde hair and brown eyes, sprung into a laugh before shoving my clothes off my body. I shivered with the temperature in the room as it met every inch of my body. For the first time, I felt the small sliver of a tear run down my cheek, not wanting them touching all over my body.

The other man, who was much shorter with black hair and blue eyes, shoved me into the bathtub. They both were much older than me, around the same age as my father. It disgusted me that they were running their eyes all over me, wanting to bathe me at my father's orders.

They scrubbed me clean, sending my body to flare up in the color red. My scars were being pulled open by the hot water, they were scrubbing so harshly, and my shivering didn't help anything. They left my hair alone, not bathing it in the brown water, which I was grateful for.

The black haired man shoved me to my feet and threw a skimpy dress at me without even offering a towel. I sent a gulp down my throat as I raised my eyebrow. They didn't offer me any words of explanation, they stayed silent. I sighed and pulled on the dress, looking down at it to take in the view.

It was a gorgeous dress but much too revealing than I would normally wear out. The color of dark green was all throughout it. It fell right in the middle of my thighs, much too short than I felt comfortable with. It offered multiple slits in the leg, the middle of the stomach, and had a sharp V right at the cleavage line.

As soon as I pushed it down and stepped into the black heels that sat by the bath, the men grabbed my arms again. I tried to keep my eyes wide open most of the time, taking in the layout of the building. It was practically useless as they were pulling me through the hallways so quickly.

We finally made it in front of a black SUV as I got shoved inside. Evin sat on the other side of me, texting away on his phone, he didn't even glance at me. The drive was short, not offering much thinking time. I didn't complain, it was probably best I didn't get so much in my head. The door was launched open by one of the guards and I stepped out.

Evin snatched one of my arms as we walked into the large building. It was almost a skyscraper by the amount of height and glass windows made it full. There were people dancing, drinking, and sitting all over the place in this royal room. It was much more prestigious than anywhere I had accompanied Evin before.

As we walked in, I hung my head just like he had asked, but kept it high enough to watch around. There was a giant chandelier hanging in the middle and boots all around the dancing floor. The waiters were walking from table to table as all the rich assholes sat around laughing. We made our way over to a specific table with only one man and a bodyguard sitting in the booth.

We slipped in the booth, Evin going first, which allowed me to take the seat next to him. The man was handsome but also had the look of pure evil in his eyes. He had a sharp jaw, brown chestnut hair that was combed back, dark brown eyes, and tattoos all over his visible parts. He wore a jet black suit that fit him perfectly.

"Evin, I am glad to see you have made it. And, this must be Haven?" he said, holding his hand out towards me.

I knew Evin would want me to take it out of kindness and I was not wanting to disobey his orders currently. I stretched my arm out only to have it gently grasped with a kiss placed atop it. He gave me a cheeky smile as I pulled back from him.

"Ryker." he said.

My eyes widened in shock. Sin was right, Evin was working with him.

It truly was about to be a fucking blood bath.