chapter 9 // sin

It had already been three weeks and we only had two more left.

She knew what she was destined to do but nothing more. We needed her skills but we also needed her trust. From the moment that she landed here till now, Tan had made the most progress. I made the mistake of focusing so much on plans and personal work issues that I neglected Haven.

After our few talks, I believed we made progress. A truth for a truth, having a heart to heart about everything occurring. She seemed comfortable, the way she relaxed into my touch, explaining her life story to me. Maybe I was doubting the way she felt, I was only seeing the surface.

My hand ricocheted off the door as my fist gave a fierce knock. I stood, hands behind my back, waiting for an answer due to giving Haven enough privacy.

"What?" I heard a voice yell out.

"Can I come in?" I questioned, like she had a choice.

"It's your house," she muttered.

I opened the door slowly to find her sitting on the tiled stairs that led to her bathroom reading. Her hair was pulled back into a loose ponytail and she wore one of the outfits Tan had bought for her. Remind me to buy her some more lace.

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I read the title, "Romeo and Juliet". What a joke, who would even put a book like that under our roof? Haven must've caught onto what I was laughing about because she quickly shuffled it behind her back. She looked up at me with those big, green eyes, and it sent my heart leaping out of my chest. Such a look of fear coming from such a pretty girl, it made my cock strain underneath my pants. I liked the look of fear in her eyes, I was craving it.

"Tan left it in one of the bags, it was the only one", She said, as if she could read my mind. I knew she was lying by the way she stuttered on her words. She had hand picked that one out of all the ones Tan bought her.

Tan was a romantic man. He knew the exact words to say and the exact way to snake into a women's heart. It was exactly why he had broken so many. I never could grasp his smooth words, maybe that is why I struggled so much.

I sighed and I sat down next to her, brushing my knee against her smooth thigh. My hands cupped my face, I wasn't sure how to break this to her.

"We need your help", I said.

I could feel the air blowing out from her nose as she lightly chuckled. I glanced back up at her.

"I know, you told me. I don't understand why you need me specifically." She replied, throwing her arms into a criss cross over her chest.

"Haven, you do this shit for a living, sneaking around and getting information. You're good at being a rat and that is exactly what we need." I responded.

She just nodded as she took in what I was saying.

I continued, "Evin hasn't said shit and we're getting restless. We have no in on information right now and it's becoming too risky for us especially if he is working with Ryker"

"Do you know anything already, has he talked at all?" I asked.

She shook her head before speaking, "He never told me anything about his personal deals. It was always about what I made and what I was supposed to make. There was no conversation unless he was hurting me or discussing bar plans" she said as the goosebumps on her rose.

"I see" I responded.

"I don't know what will be different this time, Im scared of going back there, I feel safe here" she said lowly.