chapter 19 // haven

My palms were getting sweaty and my feet were beginning to hurt. My ankles were seeing more blisters than ever due to these boots. I could've swore the hallway was only a few miles, lasting about an hour. I didn't know the time but it had felt much longer than an hour.

I kicked in every door that appeared, each leading to a new setup of poles and seats. The poles were from the floor to the ceiling atop a mini stage that sat in the back. Ah, a stripper bar, that's what was down this hallway. The seats were large cushions that looked worn and old. They certainly hadn't had anybody in here in ages.

Each room contained a different wallpaper and different furniture. They were all the same layout but some had pink while others had blue. I wondered what made each different, wouldn't it make more sense to have them all the same?

My feet began to drag as I paced further down the dimly lit hallway. The constant dripping noise was becoming to get very old and I was tired of it. My leather pants were grasping onto me so tightly that I was starting to feel overheated. I brushed the thought away, I would just deal with it.

There was another tight curve and I locked onto a specific site that grabbed my attention. Finally. The light from outside peeking through the skylight beat down on a door. It looked like the pathway to heaven, the light shining down like a spotlight.

It was a steel door without much to it, just the regular liquid and mold stains. I had seen many basements and creepy hallways so this wasn't much of a surprise to me.

The bright light did offset my feelings though, something didn't feel right. I gulped down the lingering fear that was catching up onto my tongue as I grasped both guns. I would rather go into a place over prepared than under.

I held them out in front of me, prying a few fingers away from the grip to pull on the door. The knob stung my fingers with the ice cold feeling making my teeth clench down. The light poured into my eyes as my foot pulled the door open, revealing what was inside.

Thank god I was prepared. Three men came charging at me without weapons. One stood in front, leaving me right in front of his face. I pulled the trigger onto him as a quick reflex which made the other two came into view. The second came up on my left while the other took my right.

I brought my left foot up, wrapping it around the first man's leg, while I saw the second man reach out for me. The butt of my gun slammed down into the second's hand which made him scowl and drag it back. My foot stayed wrapped around the first as I used it to shove him to the right, making his knees buckle in. He clumsy fell into the second before crashing onto the concrete floor.

I quickly spun my body around to face the second man while I pointed my left gun at the man on the floor, not even allowing me to see where my shot was going. I shot if off allowing me to focus on the second. I whisked arms around which sent both of my guns to into the his temple, making him stumble back.

I rushed forward before kicking his knees in. As he fell backward, my second gun fired into his chest while I watched his eyes widened. A smile moved through my face looking at the two men piled atop each other laid in front of me.

I stared at the two doors in the room with me. One laid to my right and the other was in front of me. I looked around the room that I was in. It was a office but with thick concrete flooring. There was a large desk with bookshelves lining behind it. No chair and only a few stacks of papers laid atop the desk.

My reflexes quickly shot up along with the hair on my arms as another three rushed into the room. This time, they had multiple weapons, ranging from a M16 to knives. They all wore black ski masks, allowing me to only see their eyes, just like the rest. I thought we were only supposed to have a few guards? Odd, they gave me the worst hallway. Sin really was testing me out and I wasn't going to let him down now.

My body went flying into a somersault, tucking the guns up into my chest. I heard the gun shots flying around me as I flung to my feet, appearing right in front of the first. My mouth curled back up into a snarl as I grabbed the collar of the first. I fiercely yanked him into the man who stood next to him, causing the gun to fall to the ground.

I raised my gun quickly to his forehead and shot off a round before twisting my shoulder into the second guy. This sent my shoulder to hit his jaw as my hands grasped his knife. As I grabbed the knife, my hands sliced above the blade, but allowed me to break off the tip. My other hand locked onto his elbow before I pushed the broken knife into his own chest.

He fell backwards, sliding over the other dead bodies. My hand went to reach out to my chest, wanting to wipe off the blood, when the sound pierced my ears. Fuck it burned, my ears ringing. I had been shot, shot right in the left shoulder.

Damn, I had forgotten about the third guy, I didn't see him sneak up behind me. My training failed, I forgot to keep my eyes on all enemies at once. The cool metal pushed up against the back of my head as I heard a deep groan.

"This ones going to hurt more than the last, little one," The person said with a playful tone, clicking the gun into place.

I pushed my eyelids together as I waited. This was the moment I had been waiting for my entire life, why was I not more grateful? As I had said before, I had been wishing for death since I was born. But in this moment, I didn't want to die, I wanted to live.

I felt the burning tears pour out as I dug my teeth into a fierce growl which built up the energy in me again. I whipped my right arm right up behind me, pushing off the ground, as I grabbed hold of the gun. I did another somersault backwards, snapping his arm, as I toppled over it. The gunshot rang out as he tried to protect himself. What a mistake.

The gun had pointed right up at his throat making it where he had shot himself. I rolled him over the top of my body before standing back up. I brought my left hand to caress my shot shoulder before picking back up my guns. My hands burned, my shoulder burned, I was a bloody mess. I didn't know where to go from here as I began pressing the glove's top.