chapter 8 // haven

Pounding.

Footsteps.

Darkness.

My eyes glanced around the room, hearing the sounds all around me, blaring into my ears. I tossed my head in between my legs, pressing my palms against my ears.

"FUCK, Shut up!!" I screamed against all of the noise.

My eyes slammed shut and as I opened them again, the noises surpassed. I took a deep breath as I took in the room around me. I was back in my bedroom, laying in my bed. I was no longer on the couch with Sin, wrapped up in the heat of his limbs.

I rubbed my fingertips against my forehead, wiping the sweat away. It was just another typical sleepless night, nothing different.

I threw the bedsheets off of my thighs and strided to the bathroom. The sunlight poured in through my windows catching my glance as I passed it. It truly was a sight and I couldn't be more thankful.

I walked into the masterpiece of a bathroom. It was fully grey with a large countertop that held LED lighting all around it. To the left was a glass shower that could have been the size of a bedroom. It had a beautiful shower head that could let out multiple streams of water at once. To the right was a white clawed bathtub, a personal artistic touch. I had never had a bath, that would be a good thing to try.

I turned the knob of the shower onto the coldest it could possibly go. I hated hot showers, they pulled at my scars and opened them again. I liked being drenched in the cold feeling on the verge of an edge about to drop off. It was always awakening for me and I felt alive. Maybe that came from the constant adrenaline rush or maybe the fact that we never had hot water. I'll just go with the first one.

My eyes looked over the assortment of bathing products that were left out for me. I was used to only a bar of soap that my father would give me once a month. It did nothing for my hair but send it into knots. I spent plenty of hours to brushing them out with anger filling my body.

It was so smooth as I lathered it on, not creating anymore knots than before. I always thought about chopping it short due to the constant upkeep without nice products. But, after Evin gave me a massive scar that lined my shoulder, I kept it long to hide that. It became a comfort to me, as much of a pain in the ass it was, to be able to cover myself up with it. I didn't have many comforts and I didn't want to change the only one I could control.

I finished cleaning myself before stepping out of the water, pulling a towel around myself. I looked over all of the cabinets in the bathroom, finding everything a girl could ever dream of. I blowdried my hair and threw it into some loose curls, threw on a small amount of makeup, and headed to get dressed.

I didn't feel as obligated to pound on the makeup while here, they had all seen me naturally, scars and all. I picked out the black ripped jeans and a Lacey top that cupped around my cleavage.

As I walked out of the bedroom, a voice grasped my ears, causing me to whip my head down the stairs. A female stood in the kitchen, leaning against the kitchen counter, laughing away. She was gorgeous, red thick lips and blonde hair that fell in a bob. Her brown eyes dripped like honey in the sunlight along with her luscious curves. Tan and Con had their feet planted in front of her, hands behind their backs.

I made my way down the stairs, pushing my hands into my pockets, meeting her eyes. She opened her mouth in a smile, swishing her tongue against the top of her teeth. She turned her waist to angle it with mine as I stood across the room.

"Hmm..and who's this?" She questioned, reaching out a hand towards Tan. She ran it up his chest for a minute, letting my eyes squint in anger. Tan glanced over at me, the same soft eyes as always. I could tell her was tense, not enjoying her touch.

"Haven, don't let it sit on your tongue too long," I huffed, leaning against the stair's railing.

Con stepped forward, grasping her wrist and pulling her into him. Her back stood against his front as he moved her forward.

"She was leaving," Con muttered, pushing her out of the door as she remained laughing.

Tan turned his body away from the scene, now facing towards me. I locked my eyes with his as I began walking towards him.

"If you're going to keep me under this roof, could you at least not rub up on some girl while I'm trying to get a drink?" I said, pushing past him towards the kitchen.

He grasped my waist, pushing my back against the counter, boring his eyes into mine. He looked down at me while a grin appeared over his face.

"Jealous princess?"

"Never, go fuck some piece of ass hanging around your kitchen, if that's what you want" I spat.

"You have no fucking idea what I want," He growled, pushing one of his hands up my thigh.

I took my hands and shoved him off in one forceful grasp, this wasn't how it would go down. My body turned and I continued walking into the kitchen.

I could feel him staring into my back as I grasped an apple off of the counter, shoving it into my mouth.

Was I jealous? Yeah. I didn't know why, they weren't mine. They could fuck and invite whoever they wanted over, but I didn't like it. I liked the way they all stared into me, devouring the thoughts of my body as I was in the same room as them. I didn't want to see that from another bitch.

"That was Kiera, she's the office manager for the apartment, wants nothing more than to be slut for the entire complex" He said, breaking the ice.

I nodded as I followed the opening front door, Con walking in. He didn't look back as he walked up the stairs, quiet as always. I rolled my eyes, how long could he hold a grudge? A grudge that I didn't even create.

"I'm going to go read" I said, pushing back past Tan for the second time. He didn't stop me as I walked up the stairs. Did I wish he did?