chapter 58 // haven

"You took everything from me." I spat at him.

"Now don't get me mixed up with your father, you're smarter than that." he sneered.

I dug the dagger further into his throat causing him to choke a small bit. I could just slit his throat here and move on but I wanted him to admit everything wrong he had done. I don't know why, I didn't think it would change anything but I still wanted to hear those words drip from his selfish mouth. 

"Admit it or I'll slit your throat right here." I snarled.

"You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?" he questioned, letting another smile cross his face. 

I gulped as I felt the gun press into the back of my skull. I didn't even glance up to look who it was, I knew it was one of his guards. 

"Drop it." the guard demanded.

My eyes ran across the room for a few moments, searching for any way out. Negative. I sighed and dropped the dagger next to Ryker's face as he grinned, putting my hands up in the air. With that move, the guard grasped the top of my hands and pulled me up off of him. He moved me into the wall, slamming my back into it. I coughed out as the wind knocked out of my body. 

I looked up at the guard, studying his large build and shaved head. He towered over my body with muscular arms that bulged through his long black shirt. He had dark black glasses that covered his eyes. I glanced around at the small closet sized room, Ryker still remained on the ground but the stairs were open. I could scream for help? No, they would shoot me. I could try to fight the guard? No, he is bigger than I could even imagine. 

"Accept your defeat, yes?" Ryker questioned, stepping closer towards me. 

I struggled against the guard's hold, straining my entire body. 

"You would've made for such a beautiful housewife. What a shame." Ryker snarled, wrapping a piece of my hair onto his finger. 

I thrashed my head back, hitting the wall with the side of my face. The ringing in my ear began to build as I felt dizzy, almost knocking myself out from the amount of force I used. Ryker motioned the guard to hand over his gun, grasping the black glock into his palm. He studied it for a few moments before cocking it into place. 

"I'm sure going to enjoy killing you." Ryker spat, pressing the gun up to my temple. 

My eyes widened as I heard his finger move to the trigger, knowing this was it for me. I took my last deep breath and slammed my eyes shut as I heard the shot ring out. As I waited for the feeling of death to overcome me, I realized it didn't come. I pulled my eyes open to see the new man standing on the stairs. 

His hair was a longer brown, falling onto his forehead like a mess. He had tattoos that ran all along his arms and hands, a short beard that surrounded the lower half of his face, and dark brown eyes. His fingers had multiple rings on them and he wore black jeans and a white t-shirt. 

He held his own handgun, cocking it into second place as the guard dropped to the floor. He had his feet planted on the top step, now aiming at Ryker. Ryker had stepped away from me now, pushing himself up against a wall, aimed at the other man. My eyes dropped to the dagger laying a few inches in front of me. 

"Don't fucking move, both of you." the man announced, rotating the gun between both of us. 

I put my hands up in the air just like before as I watched Ryker still hold onto his gun. Before I could say a word, I watched as Ryker rang out a shot from his gun. Everything seemed to go in slow motion again as I watched the other man fling himself to the ground, doing a sommersalt and shooting Ryker in the leg, completely dodging his shot. 

Ryker groaned out in pain and dropped the gun in response, trying to cater to his leg before he fell to the ground. The man stood up and breathed heavily, a drop of sweat falling off the top of his forehead, as he turned to look at me. I stared back at him, exchanging a glance at the dagger, and then back at him. 

"And who are you?" the man spat, looking angry. 

"H-Haven. I'm with Metric." I admitted, feeling my nails dig into my palm again. 

"Ah, that makes sense. The names Fox, you're free to pick that up." he muttered, motioning towards my dagger. 

"You're not going to try to shoot me when I go to pick it up right?" I questioned, taking a short step towards it.

"Not if you don't try to kill me. I have no interest in having blood all over my shirt tonight." he replied, shrugging his shoulders. 

I quickly dived towards the dagger, holding it in my palm with the blade facing my wrist. I looked back at Ryker, still groaning on the ground trying to hold his leg. 

"Mind if I finish my job?" I asked, pointing towards Ryker.

"Have at it." he replied, stepping back away from him.

I kneeled down towards Ryker and lifted his jaw to face me. 

"Your time has come. Although I don't believe you deserve the peace of death, consider yourself lucky." I spat, pushing the dagger into his throat. 

"I'll do anything, please let me go." he begged.

"Look who's the one begging now. Enjoy your time in hell, Ryker." I muttered.

I slit his throat in half with the dagger, turning the white blade into a red concoction. His head immediately hung and his eyes widened as his soul left his body. I dropped the blade to the ground beside him and fell to the ground. The tears poured out of my eyes, it was over. Nobody could ever hurt me again. 

"I'm definitely not a sappy person at all but that takes guts. You should be proud of yourself, Haven." Fox whispered.

I got up to my feet and went to hug him, needing to thank him for saving me. 

"Oh no, no. I'm sorry. I don't touch." Fox chuckled, backing slowly away from me. 

I stood in my place and responded, "Well, thank you for saving my life." 

"Tell the boys I said hi, will you?" he questioned. 

I nodded and picked up my dagger, shoving the bloody weapon back into my pants. I waved at Fox before stepping over the body and heading down the stairs. I felt the large weight on my shoulders slowly dissipate into the air as I reached the bottom. The boys weren't there and I rolled my eyes, unsure on where they could be. 

I followed the directions and walked out the exit past the restrooms. I glanced one time back with a final deep breath before stepping out of the large building. As I stepped out into the alley way, my eyes turned towards a final scream to the side of me. 

Oh shit. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note:

Hi guys! It's cade :) I can't believe this story is coming close to its end, it makes my heart hurt. I love this trope so much and I have loved writing it so much. I am working on lots of other stories (because my ADHD brain doesn't stop) so this isn't goodbye forever after this story is done.

I hope you all have been enjoying it as much as me, I am still new to all this Wattpad writing stuff so it's been a journey lol! You all are so amazing.

ALSOOOO little spoiler. How did you like Fox? He is actually the main character in the new story I am writing ;) My idea is to write a few books but have them all in the same world and all connect somehow! So yes, it won't be goodbye to the Metric Mafia boys & Haven FOREVER once this story is over.  <3

Anyways, I love you guys! Thank you again.

Let's give a big round of applause to our badass Haven. She really has came so far, I am so proud of her.