chapter 13 // haven

"Im so sorry Tan but I just can't keep it in anymore." I groaned as my glance darted towards Sin at the dinner table.

"Sin, this is the best thing I have ever tasted, not that I have much to compare it too but I will bet anybody that it is", I finished.

Tan let out a huge defeated sigh and he threw his arms up in the air. I knew he was being sarcastic and playful.

"I appreciate it. At least somebody appreciates my cooking." Sin said as he darted looks around the table.

"Hey, I never said I didn't like it, you just always get on your high horse." Tan shot back.

My ears perked up as I heard Con let out a small chuckle from in front of me. That was damn for sure a first.

We ate in silence for the rest of the meal. I took a guess that they were not able to talk about the usual things with me being there. I could still be a rat for all they knew, we still were getting to know each other.

I wiped my chin and dropped my fork before leaning back against my chair. I grabbed my stomach and let out a low burp which caused all the boys to look straight my way. Fuck manners, I finally got delicious food in my stomach and my tastebuds were coming back. A smile plastered onto my face as I looked over each of them.

"That was extravagant Sin, don't let Tan get to your head." I exclaimed as I lifted from my seat.

All of them kept their eyes on me and I headed up to my room. I needed a cold shower, new clothes and some good sleep. Sleep was difficult for me, it always has been. I didn't have nightmares, it was just constant waking up in fear that my father was coming for me. I would wake up to hearing footsteps and banging on the doors even though nobody would be there. It was a nightly occurrence and I started having it around fifteen when I truly understood what was happening around me. I believe it is a type of nightmare, sleep paralysis, is what I read once. I always just dealt with it, it became the usual and nothing ever solved it.

My hair slipped through my fingers as I used the assortment of bathing products. I would've never thought that men were so capable of being so kind. I had never seen these bathing products before, I wondered how they chose. I did notice they were in the specific smell of strawberries but nothing more than that.

I plastered my ass up against the cool glass as my face ran through the water. I felt so relaxed for once. Even though the back of my mind was screaming at me to run, fight, scream, anything. I pushed it down for once, not allowing it to surface. I knew that they had good intents and I was going to enjoy this feeling for as long as possible.

I took a deep breath, ready to get out of my head, and pried open the shower door. I grabbed the two towels awaiting for me from the rack only to throw one up in my hair. The other wrapped around me as I looked back in the mirror. I stroked the cuts and scars that lined my arms, I could never escape from them. They make me feel so weak.

I strided to my bedroom only to pull out some shorts that barely fit my ass along with a black tank top. What was it with these boys and black? There was barely any color in the new assortment of clothing they brought me, odd. I crawled up under the sheets and brought my head atop the soft pillows. 

This bed was so comfortable compared to the one back at Evins. I could fully sprawl my entire body along it, I never had to worry about gross memories coming back to me, and I always had clean bedsheets. Not to mention, when I laid on my side, I could see the most gorgeous view. That was the cherry on top. I was becoming so comfortable here. I drifted away to the peaceful thoughts for once.