chapter 44 // con

**LAST NIGHT**

I stared down at the phone that I had pulled into my hands. 

Count the hours on the clock...

My heart was pounding deep in my chest as I let out a scowl. My eyes lifted and glanced back at Haven resting softly on the bed. I still came in to sleep with her, of course. I couldn't leave her screaming and trembling out of her nightmares all alone. Even though she was half asleep when I would pull her into my chest, I knew that she could tell it was me. 

The way her body calmed around mine, her breaths got slower, and her eyelashes stopped fluttering. I was her calm, just like she was mine. 

The phone that Tan had slid to her underneath her door a few days continued to get secretive texts. I knew immediately that they were from Evin and that made me bite my tongue even harder. I knew it was time to do something, I needed to let all of my built up anger out for her. 

I stepped out of the bedroom and quietly closed the door. I pulled out my own phone and dialed in Cameron's phone number. Cameron was one of our top spies that had been working close with Ryker. 

"Cameron speaking." he spoke clearly.

"Cameron, I need Ryker's address." I announced. 

"Hey boss. I-I don't have that. We never-" he began.

"Just anything. Did he ever go anywhere constantly? That address."I spat. 

"Only this one place. He claimed it was one of his stripper lounges, we never tagged along. He only sent us the address for safety concerns if something did happen. I'll text it to you." he replied.

"Thank you. Any activity?" I questioned.

"None. It's low here. I still have no clue what happened to Ryker, nobody will talk." he sighed.

"Just keep doing your best." I replied before hanging up.

I waited a few moments before the chime on my phone rang out. I felt a sly smirk pull at my face in victory. If anyone knew anything about Ryker, it was that he couldn't stand strippers. He enjoyed having high class business women wrapped around his arm, even when looking for a quick fuck. 

I walked into my bedroom and grasped the black bag on my bed. I had been ready for days, prepping and cleaning. I couldn't sleep while Haven was gone which made for plenty of time creating new tools. Without another word, I stepped into the garage and headed towards the black dodge challenger. I opened the door and flung the bag into the passenger seat. I slid into the driver seat, put it into drive, and sped out of the garage with an ear-piercing squeal from my tires. 

There wasn't any movement or light coming from the house when I pulled up. It was dark besides the few lawn lights that displayed the monstrosity of a house. I parked the car behind some bushes, pulled on my mask and grabbed a few guns out of the bag before walking up the driveway.

After I got up to the front of the house, I decided to shove in the front door, due to it being locked. I pulled out my desert eagle from my waistband and held it in front of me as I crept through the living room. I glanced around at the large ocean view and open floor plan, gazing around in awe. 

If money could talk, this would be how. 

I saw the stairs with a few blood splatters leading up towards the second floor. I kept my back up against the railing as I began climbing the stairs. When I reached the top, the first guard came flailing at me. I dodged his first punch and knocked my head into his, throwing him onto the floor. My gunshot rang out and flew through his chest. 

I saw a few doors as I began walking forward, keeping my eyes open. Before I could take another step, I felt an arm wrap around my neck. A sharp blade ran up my neck and pinned up to my throat. I snickered before kicking out one of my legs behind me. It took the man in surprise as he fell to the ground with a sharp thud. 

"Thanks for the new scar, I'll add it to my collection," I whispered in his ear before firing my second shot through his temple. 

I blew off the tip of my gun as I entered the first room. The third guard came at me before I could even notice, knocking me to the floor with his mass. My gun slid away from me on the ground as he climbed on top of me, pinning my hands above me. I squirmed underneath him as he stared deep into my eyes. 

He took his fist and threw it into my jaw a few times, sending the blood to fly out all over my chest. I smiled through the blood as I wrapped my legs around his waist and rolled him underneath me. With one movement, I snapped his neck with one hand. 

"This is too fucking easy," I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

I grasped my gun again as I made my way through almost all the rooms. They either were bathrooms, offices, or bathrooms. All completely empty like nobody even lived here. Until I entered the last one, thats where things changed. It was a complete surveillance room with TVs everywhere.

My eyes lit up as I searched all of them, locking onto a specific one. There sat Evin seated in an office, typing away on a computer. There wasn't even a scratch on his body, it sent my blood boiling. I glanced around and finally found the entrance of the bunker to the right of the entrance. 

I darted out of the room, stepping over the bodies, as I made my way back outside. The entrance was relatively easy to find. I pulled open the steel bunker doors, what idiots to leave it unlocked like they were safe. I walked down the steep stairs and glanced all around the room.

It was dark with only one orange hued light in the middle of the room, floor to ceiling cell doors, and a small bathroom to the right. The hair on my body stood knowing that Haven was once kept down here. I swept the sweat off my forehead and tightened my hold on the gun. I searched every corner for a door until I was led down a short hallway next to the bathroom.

I heard clicking as I spotted the only other door at the end of the hallway. I didn't waste my time busting through the door which sent Evin to immediately throw up his arms. He swiveled his chair to face me and scooted back a few inches, hitting the desk behind him. 

"Caught ya." I said after giving him a toothy grin. 

"Please. I will do anything. I didn't kill him." he shuddered.

"You know what I hate most in this world, Evin?" I questioned, inching closer towards him.

He quickly shook his head side to side in response.

"People who continue to do bad shit just to play victim when they get caught. If you play, you fucking pay, that's the rules." I announced as I drug the gun down the side of his face. 

"I didn't do anything!" he shouted.

"Such a fucking pity." I replied.

"Don't kill me, I'll do anything!" he yelled. 

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you yet. That would be so boring. I'm not boring" I whispered in his ear. 

With a slight tug, I pulled at his arm, forcing him to stand up. I pinned his arms behind his back and held the gun to his neck. I shoved him forward towards the outdoors until we hit the car. I shoved him in the passenger seat and rounded my way to the front of the car. 

I drove with one hand on the steering wheel while my other had my gun pressed to Evin's temple. I was used to driving like this, although I would've preferred my motorcycle. Once we pulled into the warehouse's long driveway, I grabbed him back. 

Once we got inside, I shackled him to the dentist type chair that sat in the middle of the room. 

"Please, I will do anything! I can't die!" he shouted.

"Can you shut the fuck up? You're so annoying." I muttered.

I shut all the lights off and climbed back into the car as the sun began to come up. 

Fuck, did I just make the right decision?