chapter 18 // sin

Fuck. I knew something was wrong, I could feel it in my nerves and now I was facing it straight on. As my feet stood planted, I was facing only three men. Con stood beside me, his mask dripping many liquids, as he completed his hallway.

Con voiced to me that there had only been two men and I now faced three. We knew they always had at least twelve men in here, we were missing seven. I had tried to voice Tan multiple times as I made my count but the signal wasn't working. Either we were bugged or Tan's tech failed us and I knew it wasn't the second one.

Where were the rest of the men? We both knew the answer to that which was why my feet were frozen in place. Con and I lept forward towards the men standing in front of us as they made their first move. I took the first who was spinning around trying to grasp a hold onto me. My feet clashed together as I turned to my side, letting him let out a reach for me. I studied the man and his movements. He was bulky but stood around the same height as me. He wore a black ski mask which was so lame compared to ours. Copycats.

His movements weren't swift, they were jumbled and stubborn. He must only know direct shooting combat rather than fighting. I grasped his elbow and flipped him over my shoulder, pinning him to the ground. Cocking my gun into place as I shot three shots, once in the shoulder and the other three through his skull. I flipped around as Con finished the other two.

I watched him grasp the first one from the back, holding him into his chest. A snarl came to his mouth as he slashed the man's throat, leaving blood to spurt all over him. Con was a messy fighter, he loved the blood and the dirty side of it all. The second was crawling back against the wall as if he was trying to get away from his decided fate.

You joined the wrong side.

Con grasped the man's leg by the back of his knee and pulled him closer. He swung his fist around till it slammed into his temple only to drag his body to his face. A smirk crossed his face as the man began to beg before Con twisted his neck, clean.

Con was a menace when it came to fighting. It was the exact reason I assigned him as our head assassin. The first mission we had together, he took down twelve men at once without any weapons but his bare fists.

He loved it, he loved the adrenaline. I saw my younger self in him, we grew up with a lot of the same backgrounds. It was why I saved him off the streets after he left his dad, he was meant for this.

The room that we were in was dark and damp. It was a concrete square with only two doors. One to the side and one behind us which we had came from. The doors were a thick metal with mold creeping up the sides. This place hadn't been cleaner nor inhabited in years. All of the slot machines were gone making this place look deserted. This was the main room that we were supposed to meet in where all of the men stayed put.

Except, now they were missing. We believed all the hallways connected but the map had been wrong. The map did not mention a large steel door that had been locked from the outside. It raised goosebumps on my skin of the thought that they had known we were coming. How would they have known?

I glanced back up at Con, who had his hands running through his hair, pacing all over the room. He was stressed, no doubt about that. We had different ways of showing it and I knew that he wanted to twist somebody's neck out of place.

"We have to get to Haven, she's trapped with all of them." Con said deeply.

My back slid from the wall to the floor as I bent my knees and rested my head onto them. I knew he was right but I wasn't sure what to do. The door was locked from the outside, Tan wasn't reaching us, and it had already taken us about an hour just to go down one hallway.

"We can't go back the way we came, it would take too long, it's no use" I said, staring back at him.

"Weren't you the one who said to put her before ourselves? So, why are you just sitting on the floor, get up!" Sin practically yelled, his eyes boring into me.

Con's eyes were filled with so many nerves like he was fuming in the inside. He always had angry eyes but something was different this time. Thats it, he was worried. Interesting. I will have to take note of that.

He grabbed hold of the knob on the door, slamming into it with all of his force. It made no noises and it did not budge. He took his hand and motioned me over to him, where we both could latch all of our force into. I pulled myself onto my feet, the busted concrete underneath me making a crunch.

I stood next to con, turning to my side, and leveling my shoulder with the door. I took one large breath in as Con began leading me instead.

"1..2..3" Sin yelled out as we bashed ourselves into the door, practically sending us flying through.

Well that was easy enough.

My eyes widened as the sight before us came into view, oh shit.