chapter 16 // tan

"GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE!!" I screamed as I pulled open the blinds, allowing the sun in.

Haven screamed and hissed as she pulled the blanket back over her head.

"Nope! No being a bat today, we are doing some fun shit, so get up!" I yelled back as I stripped the bed sheets off of her.

Her eyes glared back at me as she pulled herself into a little ball.

"Don't you want to use your little sword that you were just given back?" I asked her.

That got her shooting right out of bed, gripping around my neck and shouting in my ear.

"Where, when, LETS GO, I can be ready in two minutes"

"You haven't even brushed your teeth" I said as I swept my hand near my nose.

That earned me a slight smack amongst my cheek that burnt as I looked back down to see her fuming. I knew she was excited, she should be. Sin decided she could come along today to test her. We knew the home, the layout, and the guards making it the safest option to see how she did.

Sin was testing Haven's pressure skills today, a step up in her lessons. He decided to skip over the gym because she had kicked his ass, like I knew she would. If he had gotten to know her and tried to bond with her, he would know that she trained with her mother.

I placed two pistols on her dresser with personal engravings of her initials. I knew Sin had done it to make her feel special last night. He had specific little ways to do things like that for all of us. They were the powerful Redhawks that were small enough to fit her holsters but packed a large hit.

"We're leaving in thirty minutes, we're all downstairs getting ready. Oh, and check out what Sin got you as well, its on your dresser" I said as I strolled back out the door.

I crept back to my room, grabbing the last of my equipment which included tracking systems and my personal tech weapons. I always stayed back, working on dismantling issues while the others charged in. I wasn't a fan of blood and death so I stayed back in the car. I pulled my black jacket over my arms and slid down my mask.

I loved these days.

As I got downstairs, everyone sat looking so serious. Therapist Tan had to come out, ready for rescue.

"Sin, chill out dude, we already know everything and you know her skills, we're going to be fine" I responded.

He let out a groan as he pulled down his mask too. We all sprawled around the living room as the clock ticked and ticked. What happened to the two minutes she promised us?

Sin began bouncing his leg in anticipation, he hated waiting, especially on a strict time constraint.

"Sorry fuckers, these pants are a pain" Haven said as she strided down the stairs. She had the tightest leather pants that cupped her ass into a perfect shape. Over her pants, she had strapped her two holsters around her thighs. One held her dagger and the other was her two new guns. The red guns with her personal engravings stood out amongst the full black pants. 

Her hair was braided into two French braids and her white crop top clung just above her belly button. She had her belly button pierced on top of her perfectly toned stomach. This was going to be a real struggle for all of us today.

I glanced over to see Con immediately take off towards the car and Sin clearing his throat. I laughed at them inside, we had an issue. I stood to my feet and I grazed Haven's back as I led her in front of me to direct her to the car. Today had to go well, nothing could happen to her. She was already imprinting on our hearts.

We were trusting her to not run away today as well. After her little stunt in the kitchen, we didn't know what else she would try. I had thought she wanted to be here but after that, I wasn't quite sure.

Although, the place was pretty secluded and she could scream all she wanted.

I should remember that.

We got down to our personal garage and her eyes widened like she had just seen a ghost. She scanned the room amongst all the different cars and bikes. There was every color you could image and around ten different brands of vehicles. They all had different purposes and were used for different events.

"Why so many? What is it like to be so rich?" She questioned, following us through the rows.

"Different occasions. If the cops are out searching for one, we have plenty to choose from. Plus, Con is a bit of a freak for bikes which meant we had to buy them too." I responded to her.

She nodded in response before halting in front of our black SUV. I heard her scoff as Con opened the door and pushed her into the back. I climbed in after her, sitting by her side. Con threw himself into the passenger seat.

"They're bulletproof and completely tinted, that's why we take these ones to missions, to keep us all safe." I responded as she studied the windows.

Sin went over the plan three times along with the layout of the building. It was easy and precise, he didn't need to keep repeating it. It was permanently burned into our brains now. He was just nervous.

I was just glad I got to stay in the car, I couldn't stand the ringing in my ears from gunshots. No thanks. I wasn't a pussy, I could do it if I absolutely needed too. But, if I had a choice, there was no way in making me come. As soon as Sin decided that we heard it enough times, nobody said anything and no music was even played. What a drag. This was going to be such a long trip.