chapter 27 // tan

Everyone had retaliated away from the kitchen, leaving the presence and smell of sex linger in the air. We each had our duties to attend too, especially due to it being Monday.

I had walked into my bedroom, closing the door behind me. I had more tech-wear gear to work on today, coding and all. Haven didn't know yet but I had spent the last week customizing new gear for her. I wanted to give her something special when she went back to Evin.

My eyes searched my bedroom. My room was a medium sized, more cozy than the others. My roof was made completely out of windows, giving me a chance to look up at the stars at night. I had a few thing windows spaced out around the walls but I received most of my light from the roof.

My bed sat in the middle of the room, it was a circular cloud bed that had white sheets. I was the only person in the house with a lighter wash colored room, the rest couldn't stand it. I enjoyed the earthy and warm feel of the bright colors, I couldn't deal with the dark. Plants ranging from monsteras and pathos clung all over the walls and floors, I enjoyed them. They brought a sense of life to the room.

I had my corner desk that was shoved up against a few floor to ceiling windows to the right. My grey desk had a few computer screens, coding gear, and other light equipment. It often reminded me of the days that I used to game a lot, taking a nerdy look toward it.

To the left, was a few steps that went downward into a bathroom. It was an underground bathroom, allowing for a calm and dark sense of feel. It was the opposite of the bedroom, taking on black and dark grey coloring. I enjoyed my bathroom time, especially when I felt like a warm bath. As you would walk in, a stone bath sat in the middle of the room, overflowing into a fountain looking pool. The shower wasn't closed in, allowing a rainfall shower to attach to the roof.

I enjoyed the freewill of water flowing everywhere once I turned it on. It reminded me of a jungle with streams running through it. I had projector mirrors that lined the walls that had the option of digital location screens. If I wanted to watch the rain while bathing, I could. Just the perks of being technologically advanced.

I sat down at my desk, turning on the computer screens. I brought the vest up towards me, plugging it in on the computer. I heard my door crack open a smidge, causing me to whip my head backwards.

Haven. She stood in black leggings and a large blue hoodie with her hair pouring down her shoulders. She clung to a book, holding it against her chest as she peeped in.

"Mind if I come in for a bit, everyone else left and Im bored," she questioned.

"You don't have to even ask princess," I smiled.

She walked over towards the sitting chair that I had leaning against the end of my bed, dragging it towards my chair. Haven had sat in here plenty of times with me from the very beginning, once I was the one she felt safe with. I throughly enjoyed having her in here while I worked.

"You don't need that," I said, chuckling as I scooted my chair back from the desk. I rolled closer to her, pulling her into my lap by the waist. She smiled at me as she wrapped her arms around my neck, putting her legs in between my chair's arm rests. Our chests were pushed together as she faced out, straddling me.

I shot up and pulled her into a playful kiss which she allowed and fulfilled back. My tongue fought against her teeth as she finally allowed me in. It created a battle of tongue and lips in a full of life kiss. Her lips are so effortlessly sweet, I didn't even have to try.

I pulled back, allowing her to continue resting her head on my body. Haven didn't say another word, focusing on the book behind me as I leaned my chin against her shoulder. Her calm scent of strawberries caressed my nose sending all of the built up anxiety to leave. I typed away slowly at the computer, trying to do all the math in my head.

I was creating a customized vest and a new holster for Haven. It was a black tactical vest that was just the perfect size. It remained light but still maintained bullet restriction. The vest would give her full tracking abilities with us and allow her to detect any nearby heat radiation. It could be extremely helpful in unknown spaces where we wrongly guessed the amount of people that would be there. The vest also had three compartments to store more knives, she would enjoy that.

The holster was brand new, a dark black with her customized initials engraved into it. It contained two gun compartments and two dagger compartments, perfect for her size. I added in a feature just like the gloves though, full communication with the tap of a button.

This was for definite emergencies where she could not get to a phone. It would automatically alert us and send us full information from her fingerprint. If she was hurt, it would scan her body and report everything including heart rates and location.

I mostly was doing this for extra safety tactics, I had a gnarly feeling about sending her back that I wasn't ready to face. It was about to get real dirty, especially when we had finally marked her as ours.

We basked away in each other's precense for another few hours doing our own things. I kept muttering and cussing underneath my breath, becoming strained with what I was doing. Haven had now fallen asleep, taking a nap in the same position. I had found out due to the book clashing to the floor, glancing at the title.

"Romeo and Juliet", I grinned at the thought of that. How adorable.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and stood, my feet grasping the ground below me. I moved softly, carrying her to my bed before placing her down into it. I pulled back the sheets and grasped her into my chest. She whimpered quietly, snuggling deeper into my chest.

My eyes bored into her delicate face as her chest rose and fell. I traced her soft freckled skin against my pointer finger along with dragging it through her hair. I felt my eyes begin getting heavy as I placed my head atop of hers, drifting away to her scent.