chapter 42 // haven

Ryker's grip tightened on my thigh as we heard gunshots from the entrance of the restaurant. My head shot up and glanced around us, noticing that we were the only ones in here. Evin's eyes were widened by the noise, nobody knew what was going on. 

"They came for their whore," Ryker said as a smile came across his face. 

My whole world felt like it froze, it was now spinning. They came, they came for me. Why would they come back? I didn't understand. They had left me for good, they didn't want me anymore. Was this a setup? Was it truly them? I felt like I was regaining strength at the thought of seeing them again filled throughout my body. I didn't know why I was feeling so excited, they had left me. 

Ryker whistled and two of the guards retreated out of the room with their guns drawn. I stood up to protest but Ryker grasped my arm and slammed me back into the wall. My eyes widened as I looked past him straight at my father. Evin sat and watched, darting his eyes around the room. 

"You both are fucking cowards!" I spat, trying to push Ryker off of me. 

Ryker was too solid to even be affected by my touch. He still stood strong like a brick wall, staring right down at me. He grabbed my arm again and dragged me to the middle of the room, spinning me around. My back was to his front and he moved me into a chokehold. He took his free hand and drew a handgun from his back pocket before shoving it against my temple. 

"Let them come," Ryker whispered in my ear. 

"Evin, please, I'm your fucking daughter! He will kill me!" I screamed at my father for a last resort. 

He turned his head towards me and a smile crept across his face. It was a nasty smile, I could read all over his skin that he didn't think of me as his daughter anymore. It sent chills throughout my body. 

"Please," I sobbed out.

"Don't hesitate to kill her." Evin ordered as he stood up and retreated out the door that stood behind us. 

"I should strip you naked and show them who you truly belong to once they walk in," Ryker chuckled. 

The quietness was curling around my body as Ryker tightened his grip around me. Every second felt like an hour with the thick barrel of his gun pressing into my skull. The gun pressed into my bruise, sending a shooting pain throughout my head. If this had happened before I was knocked of all my strength, I could take him down. I had always been one to be able to fight back but I didn't it in me at the moment. 

I heard the shots getting closer and I braced myself, waiting to see who would burst through the door. It could either be Ryker's guards or the boys, I didn't know who to expect. The boys were trained and strong but Ryker had much more strength than anybody thought. What if he planned this all out?

Suddenly, the door blasted open and I saw the two tall bodies pile into the door. I felt my whole chest bursting up in excitement as I recognized the masks that clung to their face. 

They made it, they came back for me. 

"Ah, Ah, not so fast. Drop the weapons or I'll shoot her." Ryker called out, pushing the gun further into my temple. 

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to get rid of the growing pain. I shook my head in protest. If they dropped their guns, Ryker would shoot them without any remorse. Ryker didn't make deals, he crushed them. As I pulled my eyes back open, I saw Con and Sin setting down the guns on the floor. 

"No! He'll k-" I began to shout as Ryker moved his grip to my mouth instead. 

I could see Sin's eyes growing heavy through the mask. Con had his visor down so I was unable to see any part of him. Ryker drew the gun slowly away from my temple and pointed it at them instead which sent a sob to escape my throat. It was muffled by the hand but my eyes were still becoming blurry. 

"Ugh, I really was hoping you all weren't as stupid as I thought. Love is disgusting. You always put your business first." Ryker said as he rolled his eyes.

He cocked the gun into place and aimed it straight towards Con. 

"How about you first, big guy? I want to take my time with Sin," he laughed. 

As the shot rang out, I screamed out in fear, ripping away from Ryker's body with all my might. I wasn't sure how I did it but the strength fueled my body. As my eyes focused, I noticed Con wasn't in front of me anymore. I heard a loud thump behind me which sent my head flying back. 

Ryker laid on the ground, bleeding out from his chest. I whipped my head back and saw Tan had pushed Con out of the way at the last minute. Tan had sent his own round of shots at Ryker while he was distracted with Con. He had saved us all.

"God damn, am I always going to have to save all of you? You know I hate this shit." Tan grunted as he stood up, pushing Con off of him. 

I couldn't help myself as I ran into his chest, grasping for his warmth around my body. I sent him stepping back a few steps before he pulled me back into a tight grasp. His lips touched my hair as he planted a kiss on it allowing me to seep out a few more tears. I let out the first deep breath of safety as I hugged him tightly. 

He pulled my face back a few inches and wiped my tears with his thumb. Looking up at his bright and smiley face, I felt so calm. He had been here when all of this started, when I first needed somebody by my side, and here he was again. Tan would always be the person who stood by my side in the darkest of times. 

I stepped back and glanced over at Con and Sin. Sin had pushed his mask onto his forehead while they both stood there with their arms crossed. I brought myself to Sin next, nuzzling into his hold. He held me tighter than Tan did, like he never was going to let go. Sin was my level-headed man, he always told me how it was. Sin would always be the person to push me to the edge but be at the bottom waiting. 

"I thought I lost you Canim. I am so sorry, so so sorry." he whispered into my ear. 

I didn't say anything but let my head lie into his chest for a few moments. After I pulled away, I faced Con but didn't pull him into a hug. I couldn't see his face, his eyes, or his hair due to the mask. I could feel the intense energy radiating off of him, he was back to his old self. 

I could forgive the others with due time but Con had shattered my heart like no other. He showed me no sympathy after all our time together. If there was anybody that I needed in a time like that, it was him. Con was the one who I shared my dark side with, we bonded over that, and he wasn't there when I needed him. 

I shoved past him towards the entrance as he reached out and grasped my wrist. I flung my head back around to face him.

"Don't you dare fucking touch me. You ruined this." I shouted at him. 

There were so many emotions trying to flood in, which one do I pick?