chapter 10 // haven

Yes, my heart did hurt hearing that I had to go back to the very place I was running from. Although I wanted to feel betrayed and upset, I didn't. I understood what needed to be done and I wasn't about to defy the person trying to help me.

Sin's words made me feel more safe in his care, I knew they wouldn't let anything happen to me, he had personally said. I wasn't usually one to trust somebody without fully knowing them but this was a special scenario.

They had already began to give me freedom and I had nothing to hold against them that would make me distrust them at this moment. Sin and I had a connection in that moment where we both understood each other. It was comforting.

He had pulled me into a kiss and I didn't regret it for a second. I had been kissed before plenty of times, mostly by the sleazy bar men. They weren't true kisses, filled with so much emotion, like Sins.

I was getting to the place I wanted to get too with Sin and Tan and it felt nice. I felt like I was becoming comfortable and finally had a feeling of belonging. They cared about me and I appreciated that. Con was a different story, we both had to face that eventually.

My heart leaped out of my chest as Sin nodded and said the word yes. I couldn't wait to fill the grip of my weighted gun along with the sharp dagger back in my hand. All I needed was to find Tan and I would have my peace back. Tan's door was slightly cracked which seemed like a sign for me to charge into it.

"Woah there racehorse, what's up?" Tan perked up as he rolled out behind his desk.

I grasped my knees as my back leaned down, grabbing at my breath. As my eyes strided up to Tan's cheery face, I recognized that he had his hair down into his face today. His white hair was all puffy like he had just blow dryed it, letting it hang down on the edges but pushed back on the top. His icey blue eyes boring into me and his defined cheekbones had my mouth watering. I glanced him up and down, pulling at my bottom lip. I'll have to let him know I thoroughly enjoy when his hair is down.

"Well, I know you didn't come in here just to stare, so for what do I owe the pleasure?" He said.

I felt a smile pull at my face with over excitement. He always knew the correct tones, face expressions, and sayings that had me falling head over heels for it.

"Sin said I could have my dagger back, so hand it over, NOW" I said sternly, pushing myself into a tall stance. Tan leaped up from his chair and mirrored his body with mine. His height towered over me as he peered down into my eyes.

"Please?" He asked as he stroked the side of my arm. It raised the hair and goosebumps up, his touch striking all the right nerves. My entire throat gulped into one movement as I nodded. This man was beautiful and I could tell my body agreed. I clenched my legs together as the heat was building up between my thighs. His teeth showed as he pulled his eyes up back to my face.

"Careful, I might make you work for it, princess" He responded in a wink.

The heat left between our faces as he pulled away from me, turning his body. It was immediately missed. He rumpled around in his drawers, throwing a bunch of other things around.

"Aha! Here it is" he smirked.

I could feel the intensity of excitement building in my chest before it was smashed into a million pieces. Tan held out a small rubber duck holding a knife as he let it make a squeak in between his fingers. I could feel the steam coming out of my ears.

"I'm just joking Hav, no worries" he replied as he pulled the holster out.

A cool air of worry flushed out of me and I let myself laugh. I was in the clear now and I knew it was okay to relax. He strided back to me and presented it like it was a ancient scroll, kneeing down.