chapter 41 // con

I stared into the mirror as I slipped the mask on over my head. I cocked my head to the side as my eyes bored into my own self. I couldn't recognize anything about myself, I hadn't been able to for the past two weeks. Haven had truly made me find my true self identity and now that was stripped away.

I was back to the confused asshole that I never wanted to become again. 

I grunted before turning away, pushing myself down the stairs. Tan and Sin stood around the kitchen bar with a few of our best men. We all had our masks on and tactical outfits, along with the guards. I made my way over, barreling towards the group, reaching out towards the pile of guns on the bar. 

"Con, you're with me, we will go through the front to get Haven. Tan, you go through the back, that way if Ryker tries to escape. The rest of you, you've seen the map, guard the border." Sin announced as he looked over all of us. 

For the past two weeks, he had been a wreck. I ended up taking over Metric for the moment, drowning myself in work and assassin work. Since I wasn't able to sleep, I kept myself busy instead. But, ever since we created the plan to take Haven again, he took full leadership again. The fire returned within his soul. 

Everyone nodded in return as they grabbed their gear and piled out of our front door. We really should change locations, our neighbors probably wouldn't like to see ten men with guns running out of the building. I exchanged glances with Sin and Tan before grasping the two AK-47s and launching them onto my back. 

"What if she isn't there?" Tan asked. 

"Then we figure it the fuck out." I muttered.

"She will be. Ryker has a thing with appearance, he'll want to show her off at the meeting." Sin sneered. 

With that, we loaded up into the SUVs and took off towards the restaurant. It was about a twenty minute drive so we talked about the plan consistently. The building was large but the restaurant was situated on the main floor. If we focused our guards on the perimeter and ourselves inside, there was no way anybody could possibly escape. 

Everything had changed so abruptly once we found out Haven was with Ryker instead of Evin. We weren't supposed to charge in on Ryker, we were supposed to ambush him within the business so it would collapse alongside him. 

We pulled up in the parking garage across from the restaurant and let ourselves out. The other two black SUVs parked next to us where our other ten men piled out. I cracked my fingers and rolled my neck as I stared out at the city. The adrenaline was already picking up. 

"You all know the plan. Get in and get out. We're getting our girl." Sin yelled out as the others nodded. 

Tan glanced back over his shoulder towards us before making his way to the back. Sin came up beside me and stared out in front of him. He put a hand on my back and let out a deep sigh. 

"Let's make those fuckers pay." he muttered before taking a step forward. 

We made it to the bottom of the parking garage where we rotated, trying to find a direct view of the table. The glass of the restaurant and the emptiness was unsettling as we peeked around every corner. My heart almost got caught in my throat once I spotted their table. Haven was in a tight white dress with her head down, wearing a large coat, and Ryker's hand grasped onto her thigh. 

"Here." I yelled out to Sin.

He rushed up next to me and I felt his whole body stiffen.

"Son of a bitch," he muttered underneath his breath. 

"Count how many there are, i'll let everyone know." I announced, pulling out my radio. 

"Seven, Four guards." Sin replied. 

I yelled out the code in the radio before slamming it back into my pocket. I grabbed one of the guns and placed it on the rail of the parking garage. I lined up my scope with the table, peeking into it, to gain a better view. Ryker and Evin sat across from each-other, drinking wine, and discussing things. The way they could sit there and laugh while Haven sat next to them defeated, appalled me. 

"We have to go in, I can't get a clear enough shot from here. Haven is in the way." I spat. 

"I figured. We will go in side by side, masks on, don't stop shooting. How many mags do you have?" Sin questioned.

"Enough." I replied as I swung the gun back onto my back. 

"Ryker never carries a gun neither does Evin. We just have to get the guards." Sin replied as we started to run down the stairs. 

We lined our backs against the pillars of the parking garage's entrance as we stared back at each-other. Sin flashed his fingers as a 'go' position after glancing over at the restaurant which sent us both rushing across the street. Sin held his handgun to his chest as we pressed up against the restaurant's entrance. 

He gave another nod and we pulled our masks down from our foreheads. 

It was about to be a fucking blood bath.