chapter 36 // haven

My ears and mind hadn't been so drained trying to keep so many mental notes at once. They were speaking about so many important things that Sin had specifically asked me to find out. It was odd, why were they speaking so freely about these things in front of me?

There were mentions of the amount of supplies they were sending in, how they had infiltrated Metric with spies, and they knew the layouts of everything. They were in danger and it was much bigger than they thought.

"Ah, well now that we have all that on the table. May I have a dance?" Ryker asked, extending his hand out to mine as he stood.

I glanced over at Evin to see him furrow his eyebrow and mouth "go" in a stern glare. I nodded my head and stood up, pulling at the bottom of my dress. My heels clicked as I followed Ryker, gently pulling on my hand as he guided the way. He took my waist in one arm and my hand in the other, just like Sin had that one night. Except, it didn't feel the same, there wasn't an intense feeling between us.

The fancy ballroom sounded as everyone around us continued spinning and dancing in a formal way. I followed Ryker's steps but it was much more difficult than Sin. Ryker was much less coordinated and seemed to fumble over everything he did, it was exhausting. I could see his anger building underneath his skin as I tried to guide him.

"A Metric Mafia girl, aren't you now?" he breathed down my neck with the question.

He pulled me into his chest, now dancing in a soft tone, shuffling our feet instead. I didn't know what to say. Did I lie? Yes.

"No. I was never their girl, they kidnapped me against my will." I spat.

He smiled at that.

"Interesting. My spies seem to report back differently. They speak of your safety as if you are their queen." he replied.

"They're rich and horny with a women living under their roof. What would you expect?" I confidently said.

I mean, I wasn't wrong. Except, I was just as horny as them most of the time.

Ryker let out a laugh before saying, "I like you."

I smiled a fake smile back, not knowing what to say to that.

After the final dance, he led me back to the booth where Evin now was loaded up on drinks. Money obviously did not seem to be an issue for him anymore. Ryker slid his palm out towards Evin as if he was about to announce a new business prospect.

"Five million for her." He announced.

Evin coughed up his drink and his eyes widened in response. My palms began to sweat, was he about to sell me off? To Ryker, the enemy that Sin had taken so much time to defeat?

"Free, for all of your hard work and partnership." Evin chuckled.

My mouth went dry and my eyes became damp with pure liquidated tears. Ryker took his hand and shook, announcing the business deal done. I was officially his. I was so fucked.

"Well, on that note, I mustn't stay long. We have much work to do Partner. Can I pick up her stuff at your house?" He asked smiling.

"I will have the guards leave it at the front." Evin replied.

He stood up as he nodded and pulled me up by my waist. I almost froze in fear before we began walking, him leading the way with his arm. His grip was not as strong as Evin's but not as smooth as the boys. I felt uncertain about my future now. I had to let them know, they were in danger.

We climbed into a white Rolls-Royce with a driver sitting out front. As we sat in the back, Ryker had no problem resting his hand atop my thigh. I tried not to sink out of conscious too much but my thinking was overtaking my brain. We made a stop by my house as I saw one of our guards hand the driver my bags. One particular one caught my eye, the black duffel that had my gear in it.

That drunk bastard must have forgotten to mention that. A slight smile crept across my face, I had done it now.

As we approached Ryker's home, I noticed it was secluded and enormous. I couldn't comprehend who would need something so big to themselves. It had a huge fountain out front, white foundation that stood at about three stories, and had almost all glass walls that allowed you to see in.

The house was sleek and modern, all white and grey tones. There was a hint of green touches and marble but it mostly was white. As we walked into the front door, the open floor layout of the kitchen and living room stood out. There was a grand piano in the living room, two white couches and a sprawling TV. A few plants also inhabited the space.

The kitchen was smaller but had the colors of marble spread throughout it. The windows from the kitchen overlooked the ocean and it was beautiful. There was definitely one way to tell if you had lots of money and this was one of them.

"What a masterpiece, isn't it? Custom designed everything." Ryker said coming to my side.

"This view is perfect." I said lowly.

My whole body was stuck in place. I had too many emotions running through my body. Would Ryker abuse me just like Evin did? What would I tell Sin? Would he think I betrayed him for Ryker?

"Im sure you have a thousand questions. Why don't you head up to your bedroom and meet me back down here for dinner?" Ryker asked as he turned towards my face.

I nodded in agreement as one of the guards stepped in behind to grab my bags. Ryker gave him a quick hand signal and the guard started to lead me towards my bedroom. I followed up the glass steps which wrapped up to the second floor.

As I entered the bedroom, I was shocked at how large and open it was. The walls were glass that allowed a view of the crashing waves. The bed, dresser, and sitting area all were white. There was a door to a bathroom with a large LED mirror and a marble shower. It was gorgeous and bright, unlike anything at the Metric penthouse. I sent a glob of spit up my throat.

Why was he being so kind? He must want answers.

As the guard left, I freshened myself up for dinner. I pulled out of the sketchy dress, digging through my bags for a pair of blue jeans and a black fitted sweater. My hands caressed the gear that the boys had left in my bag. I shook my head, I needed more information before I could communicate to them.

I combed my hair with my fingers, tugged the clothes on, and headed back down the stairs. Ryker was sitting at the dining room table with an abundance of food sitting in the middle. There was plates upon plates of all different kinds of food. My eyes widened with the sight as I walked forward.

"Be my guest." He said with another smile, pointing towards the free chair.

A dinner with the devil, how hard could this possibly be?