chapter 52 // con

The forks clang against the plates as we all chowed down on our lasagna. We all sat in the living room sipping on wine while delicately eating the food laid atop our laps. Although, I selected some sparkling water to pour into my glass instead of wine. Yes, even though I found myself mentally better with Haven here, I still didn't want to drink. 

The faint song of "How Do You Sleep" by Sam Smith poured through the speakers that were connected to our TV. Haven sat on the chair across from us where we took over the two couches. I had my legs sprawled out laying down on the first couch while Tan and Sin sat side by side on the other. 

No, I wasn't sure why we chose loveseats to fill our living room when we all were large men. We barely could fit in our own living room, ironic. 

"I am sooo stuffed." Tan muttered through his last few bites before throwing his plate down on the coffee table.

"Me too." Haven exclaimed, grabbing her stomach after setting her plate down. 

Sin chuckled for a few moments before we exchanged glances, knowing that him and I could devour the whole thing before being full. I was already on my third plate and wouldn't turn down a few more. What could I say, a man likes to eat, especially eat more than just food. 

After a few more songs passed by, letting the silence overfill the room again, Haven cleared her throat. She stood up and looked out amongst us as if she was about to give us a speech. My eyes glistened in delight, watching her old self filling back into her. 

"I want to leave." she spoke.

The room silence seemed to get even quieter, if that was possible. You could hear a pin drop with the way we all paused in shock. We all knew that Haven was promised freedom after she took care of what we had asked but we seemed to forget all about it. 

"W-Why?" Tan questioned, his bottom lip trembling. 

I was pulled out of my thoughts with Haven beginning to laugh, grabbing onto her stomach. She leaned over gasping for air. I pushed one of my eyebrows up in confusion, why was this funny to her?

"You should've seen your faces! Ironic!" she chuckled, still trying to grab her breath. 

Tan's mouth fell open in shock and Sin clutched his fist together.

"That's not funny even in the slightest. You know we all have an attachment to you." Sin muttered.

"Oh take a joke, emotional grump." Haven hissed, crossing her arms over her chest. 

"So if that's not it then what did you want to say?" I asked, sitting up and cracking my knuckles. 

She took a deep breath, squeezed her eyes shut, and mouthed a few words before staring back at all of us. But before she could actually let the words flow out of her mouth, she sat back down in the chair. She bent her head back and let out a long breath. 

"Nothing." She grunted. 

Tan crossed his arms across his chest and pushed himself further back into the couch. I watched as Sin threw his hands up into the hair and walked out of the room. I chuckled for a few moments, knowing that she gets in their heads like this. I could read right through her, she wanted to stay but she didn't know how to ask. Maybe she didn't feel welcome, maybe she was scared. 

I threw myself up off the couch, dusted off my black pants from the crumbs, and strided over to where Haven was sitting. I brought one arm around her waist and the other around her legs, throwing her into my arms bridal style. She was wearing her typical black leggings and a loose blue hoodie. 

"What-" she began to say. 

I smiled back down at her and made a "shh" noise, carrying her to the front door. I delicately used one of my hands to reach up and grab one of the keys hanging from the rack. Haven slightly adjusted into my hold, nuzzling up into my chest. I pushed open the front door and headed towards the garage. 

I clicked the key on the edge, sending the response to sound out from my motorcycle. The smile dragged across my face as I saw the red and black Ducati sitting next to the row of cars. Haven needed pure adrenaline in her life again and that's exactly what I was going to do. The fear of being out of control but having the power to take back the control, that's what I was aiming for. 

I dropped her down next to the bike, allowing her to stand up on her own feet. My hands pulled up the seat of the bike, grasping onto the two helmets that were laying in the compartment. I tossed over the smaller one to Haven before sliding my personal one on my head. 

"The last time I was on one of these, my hands were tied and I had to balance myself to hold on." she exclaimed. 

"Did you enjoy it?" I questioned.

Her cheeks flushed with red before answering which caused a grin to pull at the sides of my face. I nodded back at her, letting her know that I understood. Without another word, I also grabbed the small rope that sat in the compartment where the helmets sat. As I brought it out and began looping around the knots, I watched Haven's body tense from the corner of my eye. 

"Im going to tie these around your wrists, binding them together. Then, we're going to get on my bike and you'll ride it just like the first night. When we stop, you'll tell me what's wrong." I directed her, beginning to tie the knots around her wrist.

"And if I don't?" she asked, arching her brow.

"I'll leave the rope on you and bend you over my bike before making you take my cock as much as I desire" I grunted, finishing the rope around her wrist. 

She blinked a few times, taking in what I just announced before climbing onto my bike. Her hands were bound together in front of her body this time which allowed her to pull the visor down on her helmet. I tossed my leg over, throwing myself on top of the bike in front of her before jetting out of the garage. 

It didn't take long for the wind to start catching our bodies, mixing us into the earth's calm breath. I stared out at the open road that only a few cars drove on, leaving the open ocean on the side of us. The midnight stars gleamed into our eyes which allowed soft light to caress the road. 

It was pure beauty and bliss, I loved midnight rides when personal feelings needed to be calmed down. I felt Haven's slight touch trying to grasp onto my shirt in between the knots but not enough to be concerned. She was enjoying it as much as I was, my fucking spitfire. As my bike continued to gain speed, ranking at around 100 mph, I was weaving in and out of the slow cars as I passed by. 

I felt Haven's soft chest jump up and down as she let out slight laughs, feeling the adrenaline surround her emotions. The pier's lights lit up as I drove by, hearing the loud seal's cries and the neon lights from the arcade. The smell of Clam Chowder and fish sticks filled my nose along with the slight laughs of couples walking the pier. 

I glanced over my shoulder as we came to a stop, letting a few people cross over the sidewalk. Haven's face was darting back and forth between all of the movement. Im sure she had never seen such a sight, she had never gotten to live before. The gut-wrenching feeling began to pour into my gut. Here she was lighting up because of normal people's lives that she could potentially have.

 Meanwhile, we all were trying to keep her in the darkness of this world, wanting her to stay with us.