chapter 14 // con

I am so sick in the head. I have thought nothing but blood and death these past few days besides the few slipped in ones of Haven. It was time and I knew I had to stop denying my urges. My room was cold and dark as I entered, heading to grab my black back on the counter. I snatched up my black leather jacket and went right out the front door. The boys knew when I had things to take care of and they never asked. I don't think they wanted to ask. 

They knew that I knew what I was doing. I headed down the elevator, keeping my head low, unable to maintain contact. I heard the mumbles about my mask, people always found it odd. I never gave a shit. The big doors spun open as I glanced over at our driver, Greyson. Instead, I took the opposite turn, needing to feel the wind and energy of the city on my motorcycle. My keys made her whistle as the lock unlocked. I adjusted my pants as I straddled atop the bike, heading to fulfill my duties.

I don't think I am a bad person. Everyone has urges and releases. Sex, drugs, parties, and now killing. Although, I never killed innocent people. I only killed bastard fathers like mine. I followed news sites closely once I felt an urge coming on. CPS, FBI, and 911 scanners.

"Once a week. Choose wisely" Sin told me as we came to an agreement.

The rest of my urges had to be solved by assassin duties for the mafia. My hit today was Dr. Williams, a man with three sons. He left no mercy for any of them, running them through the dirt. CPS had been disputed multiple times but failed due to rich payouts. It was the perfect situation or payback.

I ditched my bike in the bushes about a block away from his house. The back door stood wide open but the house remained silence. I set down my bag right outside the door, shuffling through it to find my gun. My bag was filled with back up plans if I felt more gnarly but I didn't tonight. I just needed to release. My hands grasped the gun and I strapped it under my belt.

My whole body relaxed as I eased through the door. This was what got me going, the adrenaline and the trauma release. I crept around the sharp corners, keeping my back up against the walls. I peeped through the first corner and saw the three story staircase that wrapped up and around. Damn, this house was massive. Expensive antiques lined the living room and all the fine china filled the kitchen cabinets. It grossed me out. 

All the riches and entitlement he could ever ask for but he continued to be an awful soul. I snuck down the first hall, following slight whispers, keeping my gun cocked in front of me. He came into view as I took my second corner. He quickly came into view, sitting in his large burgundy king chair behind a massive desk. He wore his long white coat with his slicked back hair drinking straight from the bottle. His hands shone red, signifying they had just been used. My teeth gritted against each other while my body held its breath.

 I studied him for a few moments around the corner, taking it in. He was laughing away, watching a video on his phone. I pushed my gun into place, making no noise.

It wasn't until I put the gun right up against the back of the psychopath's skull that he took notice to me. He stayed silent for a moment as both his arms slowly came up in an attempt to beg. I spun the greedy chair around, sliding the gun along his temple as he turned. The asshole was crying like a little bitch.

"Please, take anything, don't hurt me" He begged as he sobbed.

This was my favorite, how much they begged with such mercy. I slammed the barrel of my gun into his temple.

"If you truly have everything, why did you intrude onto your children" I spat, grasping him by the hair so he would maintain eye contact.

"I don't even know what you are saying, I love my children" I cried out.