chapter 28 // haven

They were back, I was panicked. My chest rose up and down, throwing me into a full panic attack as I glanced around the room. I was back in my old room, staring out around my surroundings. I heard the slight footsteps growing closer with the pitter patter on the hallway walls. I threw my hands against my ears before letting out a deep scream. I needed to get away from here, I was going to get hurt.

My eyes fluttered open, feeling the sweat drenching my forehead, as Tan now sat in front of me. His eyes, wide, full of shock. He was slightly shaking me, pulling me into a tight hug, trying to get me to fully awake.

My vision was foggy but as my breathing slowed, my vision came back to me. I was in Tan's room, the stars glistening in my face as I glanced above me. It was beautiful, you could see the entire night sky.

"Are you okay, Hav?" He asked, rubbing down my back with his palm.

I breathed into his neck as I nodded, wiping the tears away from my eyes. I pulled out of his grasp, facing him now.

"Its him Tan. Someone kept coming into my room and keeping it away. Con keeps them away, I don't know how, I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Con has sleeping problems as well you know, he has insomnia. We never saw that boy sleep until you came around" He said, still rubbing my back.

I remained quiet as his lips pulled apart again, speaking.

"You came around and changed so many negative parts of us that we thought would never leave. I didn't think I could ever have a happy family feel and it ate at me everyday," Tan said.

"Sin, he's a workaholic. Ive never seen him around as much as when you are here, he was working himself to death" he continued.

I sighed, was that true? Had I saved them as much as they saved me? I finally had a sense of belonging, a sense of home, and even more of a family. Things that I never understood the feeling of.

I pulled out of his grasp, needing to get a glass of water from the kitchen and stretch my legs.

"Im going to take a little walk, get something to drink" I said, pushing my legs off the bed.

He nodded in response, giving me a smile where the moonlight hit his face.

I crept down the hallway, the silence ringing throughout my ears. When I got down the stairs, Sin sat on the couch with his face in his hands. Papers sprawled all across the table with his laptop in the middle. His leg was bouncing in an anxiety frenzy as he muttered words to himself.

I stalked around the couch before coming behind him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pushing a kiss to his temple. I felt all the nerves in his body drop, instantly relaxing. He picked his face up and leant back into my chest.

"What are you doing up Canim, it's late," He said, facing away from me.

"Sleep paralysis came back," I shrugged.

He stayed silent, not saying another word. There wasn't much he could say, I didn't want any sympathy and he could sense that. His hands grasped around mine, pressing a kiss onto my fingers.

Sin stood up and turned around to face me, the couch separating us. He reached into his back pocket, scuffling around for something, and pulled out a keychain. He reached out his hand, motioning me to take it.

I took my hand in his and he led me to the front door. I was confused but I wouldn't dare to ask, it was a mystery that I would just have to wait to figure out.

It seemed like he had been driving in the black SUV forever but it was only thirty minutes. Between me asking where are we going every five minutes with no response and nothing else to do, it felt like an eternity. I threw myself into a little ball, leaning up against the window.