chapter 59 // Con

As we watched Haven stride in front of us, climbing the stairs to her unknown future, I felt the yearning in my chest. The yearn to run up there and help her defeat the man who caused her so much of the pain but I couldn't. I knew I couldn't. This was a personal battle that she needed to fight all on her own, we would just have to be there waiting once she was finished.

I didn't doubt her for a second.

As we all stood around the bathroom, I heard Tan speak into his ear piece a few times before exchanging a look with us. We knew she had made it and now was the big reveal. We all waited around, taking up the offers of drinks that the waitresses shoved in our face. Tan and Sin sloshed the alcohol down their throats while I silently held it in my hand.

I turned my attention towards the stage as Ryker came out, my veins boiling at the sight of him smiling and laughing. He continued through the normal speech, small quotes here and there until he grabbed our attention, piercing his eyes with ours.

"Until we meet again." he announced into the crowd, staring right into our eyes.

I felt Tan's hand grasp my shoulder as I let out the sharp snarl that came up from my throat. I was seeing the very color of red that I thought Haven had taken away from me. I still had those demons hiding inside of me and Ryker was bringing them to the surface. As Ryker disappeared into the back room, all of us tensed. We knew what was about to happen and we knew Haven was on her own now.

Suddenly, I felt Sin pull on my shoulder, spinning me around as my eyes met the exit door. Caspian was sneaking out of the exit door glancing around as he slipped through. I exchanged a glance with Sin before we headed towards the door. While I paced myself to be in the back, I watched as we all pulled down our masks that rested on the top of our heads.

As we rounded the corner after we came out of the exit, we noticed Caspian exchanging cash with two guards. I let out a low growl as I saw the greedy logo lining the guard's suits, Ryker's logo. I shoved myself in between Sin and Tan, barreling towards the interaction happening. Caspian had fucking set us up.

My hands turned into fists as I picked up my pace right before the guards noticed me. I wasn't thinking straight, I couldn't see. All I was thinking was that we had been set up and there was nobody protecting Haven currently. As one of the guards met my glance, he quickly dropped the cash and grasped his pistol instead. I took one of my hands and wrapped it around the barrel of the gun, bending it up towards his face before pulling the trigger.

As I turned to face Caspian, I felt a sharp sting pierce through my gut just before everything began to get blurry. I wasn't thinking straight, I wasn't fucking thinking straight. Why did I turn towards Caspian before I took down the second guard? What am I doing. Before I could make another move, my vision stared to become hazy as I fell to the ground, the vision of Tan and Sin running towards me.

Another shot rang out and I saw the guard fall to my feet. Sneaky Sin had brought in a gun as backup, how the fuck did he manage that? I squinted my eyes as I saw Caspian stand with his arms up in the air, showing that he was unarmed.

"You idiots! I was paying them off for getting Ryker in the exact spot we needed!" Caspian hissed out at them.

"We'll deal with you later!" Tan shouted, pointing straight at Caspian's face.

I watched as Sin bent over me, grasping my head into his hands.

"Save our fucking girl. Leave me." I yelled, zoning in and out of conciseness.

"I'm not leaving my god damn brother." Sin growled, dialing a number onto his phone.

"I said go get our fucking girl." I snarled before everything went dizzy again.

I rolled over onto my back and slowed my breathing as Tan quickly used his shirt to dab at the gunshot wound. I winced out at the pain before he ripped the bloody shirt in half and tightened it around my stomach, sealing the gunshot wound for now. He helped me lean up on my knees right as a loud crash came from the side.

Haven. Our sweet fucking Haven.

Her eyes widened as she took in what was happening, seeing us on the ground with two dead guards surrounding us. Her white shirt was splattered with blood, her eyes looking tired, and her blazer's arms pushed up to her elbows. What a fucking masterpiece.

"This wasn't part of the plan!" she shouted, throwing her hair up into a pony tail with the rubber band on her wrist.

I let a slight grin come to my lips as she leaned down next to me and put one of her hands on my stomach, holding the wound. Her forehead was slightly damp from sweat, a few loose strands of her hair sticking to the sides of her face.

"You're a fucking masterpiece, spitfire. I knew you could do it." I whispered, placing my hand on her cheek.

She slightly leaned into it and placed her hand around mine, allowing me to lay back down onto the hard concrete.

"And I know you wont die on me." she whined, a slight tear pouring down her cheek.

"Oh no way. I have things to do when I get home." I groaned, blinking more slowly this time.

"Like what?" she questioned, looking concerned.

"Bending you over and allowing you to cum this time." I muttered, my eyes moving towards the sky.

"That's seriously all you think about." Haven chuckled, holding onto my hand now.

"You're all I think about, little one." I chuckled.

Everything was beginning to grow fuzzy and I allowed it, the soft feeling of bliss falling over my mind. I almost couldn't hear the faint, Con, being yelled from my surroundings. The feeling was too kind to my mind.

And I let it consume me.