chapter 12 // tan

Haven smelt so good resting her head in my lap. Her strawberry smell captured the entire room and especially my nose. I stroked her hair as she laid atop me. I can't believe Sin was the first to fuck her, I had spent all the time caring to her needs and bonding with her. This meant it was free game and I especially didn't like things taken from me.

I couldn't tell if Haven was actually growing fond of us or if she was pretending. I would have to ask her later, we have both grown to love the open communication between each other. I enjoyed having her around. She seemed happier as well.

I think it is something bigger than we can all grasp. I think she likes feeling safe, feeling like she has a home, and maybe even a family. We were her family now. At least for the next six months until our deal was done.

I saw her eyes widen as the smell of freshly cooked pasta flushed into the room. She licked her lips and immediately sat up, searching out for the smell. I grasped the side of her body and pulled her into me. I put my lips up to her ear as she squirmed to get out of my grasp.

"Remember do NOT tell him anything about his food. His ego never shuts up already" I hissed in a sarcastic but real tone.

She shoved away from me with a laugh, standing up off the couch. Her curves swished in front of my face as she moved away towards the kitchen. I'd give anything to bend her over and fuck her over the living room table. Now that Sin broke the ice, it was going to be a pure game. It was becoming a hunter vs prey episode just like the Nat Geo show.

I followed her walk, seating myself down at the kitchen table to gain a better view of the two. I was bored of the show and Con wasn't much of a talker. I won't lie, the pasta was the best thing I had smelt in awhile besides Haven. My stomach and cock urned at the thought of eating both. My eyes stood peeled to her as she snuck in behind Sin. She watched how he threw in the spices, the sauce, the food, everything. I wonder if she liked cooking.

I forced the boys and I to purchase tons of hobby items for her. I couldn't stand hearing that she didn't like to do anything, that just wasn't fair.

Sin brought up the spoon to Haven's mouth as she slurped it down, her face lighting up. I wonder how good it felt to have warm, new foods after eating the same crap for your entire life. I wish I could swap with her for a day. Could you imagine being able to taste your favorite foods again for the first time? I bet most people would kill for that.

I watched her as she slid her fingers over Sin's scar that engulfed the left side of his face. Sin didn't like to talk about it. He had had it the entire time I had known him but I never asked either. It was his story to tell and he obviously didn't want to say anything.

It was the same thing for Con. I wonder if that's why Sin gave Con such a chance. He saw Con in himself. I knew that Con was brutally burned and abused by his father but not what happened to Sin. I once told him it was badass and it really made him fit the assassin role. He scoffed and turned away, pulling the mask back over his face. I never pointed it out again. I saw the way Con stared at Haven, I wonder if she could pull him out of his darkness. He needed it, he needs the confidence.