chapter 6 // haven

Two weeks.

Two weeks have passed and plates began piling up on my nightstand. Tan always came in and talked with me throughout my meal but he always forgot to take the plates back with him. I just wasn't ready yet, I was still adjusting that this was it and this would be where everything would end.

I had started to grow fond of Tan, he was getting slight chuckles to escape from me that I didn't know we're capable at this moment. He was a major flirt and he did have an interesting background. He could talk for hours about his perfect childhood and how he always felt guilty about it.

It was nice to hear somebody talk about good things happening to them for once. I was beginning to think that everybody in this world had been fucked up from the start.

His stories of France were also just as interesting. It sparked a passion for traveling, I would love to see the big sights he gushed on. He promised he would take me one day.

I was settling into my room and my space because of him. I felt a new slate of clean air where I didn't have so much hate and fear piling on me. It was still there but not as much anymore. It was nice to start trusting at least somebody in my life.

I glanced at my door where hobbyist items were beginning to pile up. Tan had been dropping them off along with the food. He claimed that it was now his destiny to find out hobbies that I would begin to enjoy. We tried a new item everyday. Ranging from books to a new video game set, It was a serious eye roll. I had picked up on the reading, I enjoyed going into an imaginary world where I didn't have to think about my surroundings.

I could pretend to be somebody that I wasn't and that felt nice for once. Tan picked up on that and he would work on his files while I read. I think we began doing it as we realized that in these moments, we loved to be alone together.

It made me question the other two boys. If Tan was this comforting, how were the others? Sin and Con hadn't seen me or said a word since I got here, sending Tan to do it for them. Tan claimed it was because they were super busy with work and they didn't want to disturb me. They wanted to me to come out on my own terms, giving me space. I appreciated it.

The dirty dishes filling the ambience of the room was disgusting or was it just the lingering emotions I felt? I wanted to connect with the other two just like I did with Tan. I wanted to see if I truly could be grateful for being taken away from Evin. I also wanted to know why they took me in the first place, only Sin could answer that. Either way, it was time to face the problem head on, to both of them.

I scooped them all up into a large handful and headed out of the bedroom. The door brought me into a long dark hallway to the left and the steps to the right. I could see the wide open kitchen along with the living room from the top of the stairs. I had never seen something so dark and rich looking. It was gorgeous.

Evin insisted on having a spotless white house with minimal furniture. It was always a scare of getting something dirty. Here, it was different. The artwork that hung gave a powerful but also more home aura. There was multiple paintings that consisted of vibrant and bright colors. One was a mock up of a war, the other few were flowers, and also a painting of a meadow came into view. What odd pieces for such dark men.

As I walked down the stairs, I noticed that nobody was there and no noises came from the house. I must be alone. The kitchen had marble that looked like a cloudy morning with every appliance you could think of.

Sin sure did like this cooking, I wonder where he got it from. I turned my focus back to the dishes that were now dumped into the two-split sink. I began scrubbing away with the green soap and sponge left behind the faucet. I wonder if I could make a run for it, but even then, where would I go? Evin probably thinks I mistreated him and ran off unless the boys already said something.