chapter 40 // sin

Author's Note:

Hi everyone! It's Cade. GAHHHH this story is just pulling at my heart strings right now. Especially with being my first book. 

Who is your favorite character??

I just wanted to pop in and give some additional TW reminders for this next chapter <3 

TW: Abuse, mental health issues, cutting, etc (Feel free to skip over this chapter)

Thank you all for supporting me so much, I appreciate and love all of you! 

Happy Reading :)

________________________________________________________________________________

I paced across the living room, looking into Con and Tan's widened eyes as they sat on the couches. Tan was typing away on his computer, hacking into the database that one of our men was able to obtain. 

My hair on my body was standing up, the fear clumped in my throat, and the anger in my veins pouring out. I couldn't stand to think of the sick things that Ryker was doing to my girl. I couldn't stand the thought that I had caused this. I should've never put her life on the line, what kind of fucking idiot am I? 

All I ever wanted was for her to be safe and I couldn't even do that. 

"Masten Enterprises. Next week, monday, at three." Tan finally announced as he pulled his head up from the laptop. 

"And what is it?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. 

"The notes are vague. "Business meeting between Ryker and Evin. Bring the crates." That's all it says." he replied. 

I nodded my head and ran my finger along my jaw. 

"Let's go get our fucking girl back." I stated before turning my back to them. 

                                                                                   ****HAVEN POV****                                                                         

ONE WEEK LATER

"Tick Tock Haven," Ryker growled as he shoved the key into the gate's slot. 

My whole body shook in fear as I brought my dirt covered knees closer to my body. The last two weeks have been hell, I don't even know where to begin. If I could choose between going through this again or being with Evin, I would choose Evin in a heartbeat. I thought I knew what defeat was until I was given to Ryker. 

Every day was the same. Ryker would come in and feed me scraps along with water, allow me to use the restroom, and stuff me back into the cell. If I disobeyed, I was hit harshly. I once was free of what drug me to the bottom of my own ocean and I was back once again. I was close to drowning, I was closing to giving up. 

The dirt on my body was building up which made me scratch, the scratches caused my scars to open up again. Multiple new scars lined my body. I wasn't the same girl two weeks ago that would stand up for myself, I now tried to make myself as little as possible. 

I didn't bring my eyes to meet Ryker's as I backed further into the corner. He didn't care if I looked at him or not, he had his own needs that would be met one way or another. Ryker pressed his fingernails into my arm, dragging me up off the ground. I slouched down, my body was exhausted. 

"Hmm, I'll clean you up myself. We have a business meeting with your father today and you will accompany me to it. I'm sure he would love to see his daughter doing what she is made for." Ryker laughed.

I was pulled into the small bathroom where I usually was brought when he took me out of the cell. It was the size of a large closet, all grey tile and run down. The mirror on the vanity had scratches next to the toilet. A bathtub sat on the left side of the room as well. 

Ryker had taken away my clothes days ago, forcing me to stay naked at all times. I shivered as his hand ran down my spine before pushing me into the cold bath. I tried to keep the smile off of my face as I felt the cool water flush all over my body. He must think its a punishment with the cold water but it's the best thing I could have asked for in awhile. 

"Fucking christ, you got my clothes all disgusting." he spat as he stood up after scrubbing down my body. 

He stepped out of the room for a moment, locking the bathroom door behind him. My drowsiness wore off for a split second as I searched the room for an escape route. Who was I kidding, there was none. I was trapped here and nobody was coming to help me, for the third time in my life. 

I just couldn't understand why the boys would leave me here? I thought we were a team, I was beginning to feel love for all of them. I'm such an idiot, thinking that once this was over, we could all live like a big loving family. I would never have a family, it just wasn't meant to be for myself. I had been betrayed by every single person in my life besides my mother and even she was gone now. 

Before I could let the tears escape the back of my eyes, Ryker slammed the door as he charged into the room. He was now wearing a dark navy suit, a long black tie, and black dress shoes. He had his hair slicked back like the night of the ball. He held a short white dress with a pair of black heels over his forearm as he motioned for me to stand up.

I tucked my arms under my armpits and stood as I shivered throughout my body. There was no towel awaiting for me like the night with Con, there was no cheerful smile from Tan, and there was no emotional words from Sin. There was nothing but cruel air lingering in between us. 

Ryker forced the dress over my body, making it fit over the dampness of the cool water still remaining on my skin. It was a short fitted dress that looked like a casual business outfit. He turned me around and brushed out the knots in my hair forcefully.

"The filfthy scars that litter your body are so much more apparent in white. You'll wear one of my jackets once we get to the car." He announced.

I gulped back a sob, there was no such thing as gentle with him. After I shoved my feet into the heels, we left the underground cell. The sun shone into my eyes making me duck my head in fright. I hadn't seen much light like this in ages. Ryker hissed and pulled at my arm again, shoving me into the car. 

As we sat down at the restaurant, I realized it was completely empty besides the few guards. There was no way of getting help here from any outsiders. Ryker's heavy suit jacket clung to my arms and I stared down at the table. He stashed one of his hands upon my thigh, digging his palm into it like he owned it. I couldn't lift my head to look at anyone due to the large bruise that clung to my right eye. 

It was Ryker's rules and I obeyed them.

Obeyed them like the unconfident girl I had always been trying to escape from.