spending some Time with the family.

-elliana pov- 

** earlier the same day**

I do not want to go to school today after what happened yesterday. Some woman is claiming to have an affair with my dad, and I don't know what to think now. I'd like to think my dad wouldn't do that, but I don't know for sure and that bothers me. I wish stuff like this didn't play out in the media, it always ends up affecting me and my sisters. It's not fun for us to go to school after something like this and pretending that everything is normal.

I begged my mom all morning to let me stay home, but she said that it won't help in the long run. I get it but also, she doesn't get what it's like to be me right now. It's bad enough that I struggle with all the food stuff and people know I self-harm, but now there are rumors and pictures of my dad maybe cheating, like it's too much. I don't want to deal with any of this. 

When I walked into the office yesterday and saw my mom tucked into a little ball on the couch sobbing, I got so angry at my dad and sad for my mom. I got angry because she is hurting and it's my dad's fault. But then I get sad also because I want my parents to stay together, I know how much mom loves dad and I don't know what she would do without him. 

"so do you have divorced parents now Ellie?" Rebecca's voice rings and come closer to my locker where I'm getting my books for first period. When I turn to look at her, I see we have the attention of the rest of the hallway too which makes me nervous. 

"no" I say and bite my lip. I don't actually know what to say, so I'm just going to say no and hope that she leaves me alone. 

"Well, it's probably because of you. They got to deal with the anorexic cutting daugther so no wonder your dad wanted to escape with another woman" she says and laugh along with her sidekicks. 

I want to burst into tears, but I can't. So I just grab my books and walk in silence to my first class. This day is going to be long; everyone here knows and that makes me really uncomfortable. 

**

Harper is driving me home and drops me off at the house. I'm nervous to know if my mom is still upset or what's going on. I don't know if she has talked with dad again or if she is curled up in a ball sobbing. 

I walk in the door and hear voices in the kitchen, so I walk in, and my eyes widen when I see my dad. "hi Ellie. I've missed you" my dad says and go in for a hug, but I take a step back. If he cheated on mom, I don't want a hug. "what's wrong Ellie?" 

Tears flow out of my eyes, and I sniffle and try to wipe them away. "what's wrong? Are you really asking me that?" I snap my head up and snap at him. I'm really mad. 

"the rumors aren't true Elliana. I promise you" he says, and I walk over to mom and into her waiting arms as I cry. 

"Even if it isn't true it's making my life at school a living nightmare!" I yell. 

-taylors pov- 

I'm holding my sobbing 12-year-old in my arms and gently rocking us to sooth her. Joe looks really hurt but I can see he is trying to hide it. 

"i'm sorry that It's going around school. But I promise you nothing happened. A person from my past wanted to stir up trouble. But I'm more than happy with your mother Ellie" he says and come over and join in on the hug. 

Ellie turns towards him and wrap her arms around his torso and burrow her head in his chest while I rub her back. "Daddy why did she do that" she sobs out and my heart breaks for her. 

"my little Ellie I don't know. She wanted me back, but I only have eyes for your mom. And I'm so sorry that it's affecting you at school. All we can do is knowing the truth in our hearts. Your mom and I are happy and together. I don't want anyone else. I'm in London to work and then I'm coming back home to my four girls" he says and kiss the top of her head.