walking in and balloons

** friday January 25th, 2036**

-taylors Pov- 

We drop the girls off at school and today we are going to have some special Taylor and joe time because we need to make time for that. Things are going to be hectic going forward. First its Kenzie's birthday in a couple of days, then its prom for Ellie, then it's the trial for aurora and in early April joe is going away to film a movie most likely. He has been having a really remarkable recovery after the accident and is cleared to work again as long as he is feeling fine. He does still do physiotherapy several times a week, but the movie isn't an action movie so it's fine. 

I'm putting away the dishes from the dishwasher when he comes back behind me and wrap his arms around my waist, and I laugh. "i'm going to touch you all day because there are no kids here to tell us we are embarrassing or disgusting" he says and follow me as I continue to empty the dishwasher. 

When I'm finished, I'm picked up and carried to the couch and sat down in his lap as I'm laughing. "you're impossible babe" I giggle and lay my head on his shoulder. "This is fun. Sitting in my lap is aperently only something teenagers do, but I don't like that rule. The kids can't tell me otherwise so now you're going to sit here and I'm going to cuddle you" he says and rub my back under my shirt. I'm not complaining though I love it when he holds me. 

Ellie makes sure to let us know any time she sees me tucked in joes lap that we are embarrassing and that's something only young people can do. Then she makes it know that she and her boyfriend do that and that makes us even more old. 

"Well, we are good at being uncool parents" I say and cup his face and kiss him softly. "that's true, we are really uncool in their eyes. Little do they know that we are actually extremely cool" he says, and I snuggle into his chest. 

"we used to do fun things all the time together but now our life revolves around the girls. Of course I wouldn't trade that for the world, but I also long for spending alone time with you doing fun things" he says, and I do agree with that. There isn't enough hours in the day to get our own needs meet as a couple too, that's why moments like this are important so we can get some time together. "We need to take full advantage of the little moments" I say and kiss him softly. 

"Aurora hasn't hurt herself again" joe points out and I'm happy that she hasn't. I know she has wanted to, but she has come to me, and I've cuddled with her and tried to distract her "yeah, she is working hard. One day at a time" 

Knowing that your daugther wanted to die is hard, especially when she actually tries to do it. But thankfully my brother acted quickly, and she was fine. Getting that call was terrifying and I was so scared I was going to lose her. That man took something from her that she can't get back and I can never forgive that. 

**

We spend two hours snuggling in each other's arms and watching series before the mood turns and he starts to kiss my neck and I sigh and tilt it to give him better access 

"Do you want me to make you feel good love" he asks, and I moan as he let his hands caress my breasts. "mm yes" I moan, and my shirt is slipped over my head. 

-ellies pov- 

"I can't believe my parents forgot to pick me up" I groan as we drive into my driveway. They were supposed to pick me up from school early because we have a half day, but they clearly forgot that. "I don't mind driving you home" Alex says and lean over to kiss me. 

"I don't mind driving with you either" I say and kiss him again and again. "you're so beautiful" he says, and I lace my arms around his neck, and we have a long hug before I go inside the house.