a few hours at school and silly videos

** monday may 5th 2036** 

-kenzies pov- 

Today I'm going back to school which I've wanted to do for a while. No more stupid staying in the hospital all the time and only being around my family. Being around them, all the time is really boring, I love them, but they are boring. Now I get to be around my friends and not only play with other patients or the nurses. I'm not going for a whole day, I'm only here for two hours, but at least it's something. 

I'm determined to get back to school because it's so much more fun than being at home. I know I'm going in the hospital for a few weeks in a while to fight the stupid cancer that's in my bone marrow, but that's still some time away. I don't want to be locked up in a hospital again, it feels like a prison. I'm tied to that stupid iv pole that follows me everywhere. I'm also constantly having a needle in my chest which doesn't feel nice, it doesn't hurt but it's not nice either. 

"Mom please don't follow me in" I grumble as we reach the front door of the school "you sure kenzie. I don't mind" she says, and I shake my head. I don't want to meet people with my mom hanging around me, that's weird. I want to not be a cancer patient for a few hours. I'm not walking, I'm sitting in the wheelchair as well as wearing a hat to cover my bald head, but I want some sense of normalcy. 

It takes some convincing, but I get to roll in on my own. People stop me in the hallway to say hi and give me hugs which makes me feel special. I've missed being here, I really like school. What I don't like is math and science, but I do like hanging with my friends. I'm also really good at talking in class without the teacher noticing, it's my special skill that I hope I still have. It would suck if I lost that skill after being away for so long. 

My best friend tina runs up to me and give me a big hug "you're back" she says and smile big at me. "Yes, only for two hours. But I'm here" I say and a big grin. I wish I could stay longer, but I know I don't have the energy for that anyway, I get really tired. My stupid body full of cancer gets tired really easily, which I find really anoying because I used to do gymnastics and run around the playground, but now I can hardly walk around the house. My body is anoying and I need the doctors to fix it so I can get back to doing fun things. 

"The hat is cute" she says as she wheels me through the hallways. "It is. My mom and I sat and picked out a bunch of them" that's something we did when it started to fall out so I could feel a bit better about it. My mom asked if I wanted a wig too, but I don't want that. Maybe someday I will want it but not now. My head itches a lot, so I don't want to deal with a wig, a hat is more than enough. 

-taylors pov- 

We don't have much time between dropping kenzie off and picking her up again, she is only there for two hours so joe and I decided to go to a café near the school to get a cup of coffee. I'm worried about her being there today, what if she catches an infection or some sort bacteria or virus. If she gets sick it can be really bad, but the doctors said it would be good for her to go back to school, so we are trying to listen to them even though it's hard to do that. 

"What are you thinking about my love?" joe says as he sits down next to me and hand me my drink. "Just about kenzie, how I'm worried she will catch a virus or a bacteria at school" I tell him honestly. I'm really worried actually. 

"i'm not going to say she won't, but the doctors said it would be good for her, we are just following their recommendations" he says and rub my back. 

This is the first time we have a moment to just be us in a while, it's hard to get time for that when we have three kids. One of them is always around. We get some time in our bedroom at night, but we don't get time during the day. But now that kenzie is going back to school for a few hours at a time we might get some time to be a couple during the daytime too. It's necessary for our relationship to get some time alone because it makes us more united as a couple.