crash

-auroras Pov- 

Quietly kenzie and I follow him to the car and buckle us selves in. I'm sitting in the front and kenzie in the back when he turns to face us. 

"Something happened and I had to get you two from school. Your parents and Ellie were in a car accident. I don't know anything more than that or I would tell you. They are at the hospital and grandma is on her way there, but I don't know anything more" he says, and my eyes widen and kenzie starts to cry. 

"Are they going to be, okay?" kenzie cries and I look down at my hands "i don't know kenzie. I'm not going to lie to you about that. I honestly don't know anything. We are going home right now and wait for someone to call us. We didn't want you to stay in school and maybe have this told to you there if it got out to the media" he tells us. 

My head is spinning with all the things that could be wrong. For all we know they could be dead, and no one has come around to tell us yet. 

-taylors pov- 

I'm sitting up in a hospital bed in the ER and feel like crap. My head is throbbing and my body aches. Everything happened so fast and then things went black and then I woke up here. They have already cleared my neck after a body scan so I can sit up more but my head got a good shake and got thrown to the side, so it hurts a lot. 

Ellie is in the hospital bed next to me, and her neck is cleared as well, we are in an acute room waiting for the results of our workups. We have both had CT scans of our heads to look for bleeding and had neurological exams done. Everything happened so fast after we got here and now it's all about waiting for the results. 

They haven't told us much about joe other than that they are doing everything they can for him. Ellie isn't saying anything I think she is still in shock. Right now, it's a waiting game and I hate that. 

I hate not being at joes' side if something is seriously wrong. They won't tell us anything and that's killing me. We don't even know if he is alive, but I suppose they would have told us that by now if he was dead. With that I'm taking no news as good news, when there is no news at least he is still alive. 

The door opens and my mom comes in and joins us. I'm almost in tears when I see her, but I fight them back and accept her gentle hug and she caresses Ellies face as she lays curled up in her bed. Our clothes got cut off, so we are in hospital gowns. Normally Ellie would have gone to the pediatric hospitals ER but it's under construction, so all kids get sent to the regular hospital for the time being. At least that means we get to be together. 

"Have you heard anything about what's going on with you guys?" my mom asks, and I sigh "No we haven't. We had lots of tests done but they haven't come back to us yet. I'm taking that as a sigh we aren't too bad though. What I'm worried about the most is joe because the only thing they said is that they are doing everything they can for him" that's when my voice cracks and tears roll down my face. 

Even the thought that I might lose joe gives me a panicked feeling inside of me. He is the love of my life, and I can't imagine my life without him. I refuse to let him die, he is everything, he is my rock. Every moment is better when he is next to me, the world makes more sense when we are together. And the girls need their dad, they really do. We are a team in raising them and I don't know how I could go on without him.

"I called Austin and he got the girls from school. They are at your house now" she says, and I nod. At least my mom took care of them. I can't imagine them finding out at school because there were pictures taken or something, that would be a nightmare. 

"Do they know what happened?" she asks. "no, they don't. The police are investigating but we don't know anything yet. We don't know about what happened to the driver either. All we know is that it was a front collision and Ellie, and I was in the backseat" I tell her.