last chemo

** friday June 27th 2036** 

-taylors pov- 

Today we are at the hospital for her last chemo. It's been 16 weeks where 8 of them have been five days of chemo straight. Now we are entering the next stage of her treatment and I'm so proud of her. "Nurse Fallon, I don't have to do this after today" kenzie says as she changes from sitting in her wheelchair and to the recliner where she receives her infusion. "that's so good. Now you're done with the first step" she says. 

It doesn't take her long to hook her up to the chemo and a bag of fluids too. This last week have been horrible, it's taken a lot to convince her to come her, she is so tired of this, but now it's this last bag. She gets a week at home and then it's back to being inpatient for the conditioning before the transplant, the transplant and then waiting for her numbers to go back up. They don't know how long it will take before she gets to go home, but they hope that it will go quick so they can start radiation, but they can't do that before it's been at least two weeks. 

"Are you coming to the concert nurse Fallon" kenzie asks as she hands her a cancer pop "i sure am. I've heard it's going to be special" she tells kenzie and squeeze her hand before tending to other patients. 

While we are here joe is at the pain clinic downstairs with Ellie because her leg isn't getting better at all. Its weak, a lot of nerve pain, she has a burn on the side of her leg because she has bad pain sensation so didn't feel that she was leaning against a heater. then she gets this horrible itching, prickling or burning sensation on her leg that drives her crazy. 

-joes pov- 

I'm at the pain clinic with Ellie because after the shoot her leg is still giving her a lot of pain so we are here to see if there is anything we can do to help her with it. Aurora is here too but she is sitting in the waiting room with security, we are going to surprise kenzie up at the cancer ward afterwards. 

"so you must be Elliana Alwyn, and is this your dad?" the doctor says as he comes into the room and introduce himself as Gordon Ryder. I introduce myself as her dad and give my name. 

"I was shot a few months ago, and the pain isn't going away. I get this nerve pain, it's really weak at times, I don't feel when things are too warm or too cold, so I ended up with a burn on the side of it a few days ago, I have itching, prickling and burning sensation which also drive me crazy" she gives the rundown of the problem and what symptoms she is having. The doctor asks her to take off her pants and get up on the examinator bench so he can take a hands on look at it, which she does. 

I'm just sitting here watching him examine her leg and how she winches in pain when he presses on certain places and does certain movements. I know that the doctor has to do these thigns but I hate seeing any of my kids in pain. 

It takes. A while and he make her do certain things and examine her in many ways before she joins me again after putting on her pants again. 

"so after examination and the fact that she is a dancer I would actually recommend a nerve transplant. With the weakness and pain, she has now I don't see her dancing again, but the pain will also likely subside if we do this. What we do is take a healthy nerve from a donor and reroutes it to connect to the damaged nerve. When we do this nerve fibers from the donor nerve can grow through the damaged nerve. This causes it to regenerate the damaged nerve and then the idea is that it will give back movement, sensation and function that was lost due to the severed tibial nerve" he explains. 

He explains how a live donor is the best option for this type or transfer, and that a mother or sibling is the best options in terms of success rate. "But the sibling has to be over 18 years old to donate, so in this case since her siblings are younger the best donor would be her mother" he explains why we would need the mother to donate because she is a better match than a dad for this sort of thing.