prom

** saturday march 15th, 2036**

-ellies pov-

Tonight, is prom night and I'm really excited. First, I'm getting ready with Lauren and Alex and Lucas will come and meet us here. But before we head out to eat, we will stop at the hospital so I can go inside to see kenzie, we have promised her that she is going to see me in my prom dress, and she wanted to see Alex too as it was apparently important to see us together. If that's something that can put a smile on her face in these hard times I don't mind. Now she has lost all her hair and is struggling with accepting that. There has been a pause from chemo because of her reaction, but they are starting again on monday.

After we see kenzie we are going out to eat, and we decided that cheesecake factory was the perfect place for pre-prom food. Then we go to the prom before going to the music row apartment for the night.

My mom, Abigail, Lauren and I are downstairs in the kitchen getting makeup and hair done before the prom. Selena is here too but she is keeping aurora entertained who isn't happy she doesn't get to go to prom.

"Mom I want it up in like a low messy bun kind of thing. If you know what I mean?" I tell her and she nods "sure we can do that". The dress is low in the back and in the front, so I want to show of those places, hence why my hair needs to be up. But I also want it to be easy to take down after the party. Alex and I have intimate plans and I don't want to stress about taking out a complicated hair style, not that I'm going to tell my mom that because she would freak out.

I do my makeup with the help of my mom; she is really good at it, and I want it to be perfect. She offered to have her hair and makeup team come and do both me and Lauren, but I wanted my mom to help me herself. It's something special about going to your first prom, and I want to be normal, I want my mom to help me, not people she hires to do her styling for red carpet stuff.

Eventually we are done, and I slip into the dress just in time for the doorbell to ring and my mom opens so Alex and Lucas can come in. Aperently taking pictures are a non-negotiable, so we are doing that before we leave.

My eyes interlock with Alexs and I bite my lip and twirl around "you like it" I say and grin at him and he nods before coming closer. "you're breathtaking Elliana" he says and kiss my cheek.

I look him up and down "you look dashing" I say and caress his face before kissing him softly. But when I do there is a flash cause my mom takes a picture and I blush "Mom" I groan. We are told to do different poses for about 20 minutes before its time to leave.

My mom wraps me in a tight hug "Ellie you look so beautiful. You always do, but I'm so proud of you honey. I hope you have a really good night, call me if you need anything, and you know... if anything happens make sure to be safe" she says quietly to me so only I can hear. We have a special bond and I really like that. After everything I've been through, I think I have a closer bond with my mom than most teenagers, but I also like that I can come to her about anything at any hour of the day.

We get to the hospital and while Lauren and Lucas wait in the car, I head upstairs with Alex to see kenzie. Alex hasn't seen kenzie at all since she got admitted to the hospital, they have wanted to minimize the visitors, which kenzie is frustrated about. Kenzie really likes Alex, and whenever he is at the house she talks to him, give him goodnight hug and asks to do stuff with us.

"Ellie you look so pretty" kenzie gushes and my dad sits up her bed so she can see better. "Thank you" I say and grin at her before twirling around so she sees the dress from all sides. She gives Alex some compliments too about how much she likes that we have pretty colors that matches.

"Ellie you're going to drive me crazy. The cleavage and slit" my dad says and rub his temple, but I just laugh. "i knew you wouldn't like it, but I love the dress dad" I say and go over and give him a big hug. "i like it sort of because it complements your beauty, but you know me, I get weird about that stuff" he says and chuckle.