sleepover

-ellies Pov- 

"Ellie and Alex. Come on, you're using way to long" kenzie calls for us from downstairs and at least this is breaking up this very awkward conversation with my dad. 

Alex walks down before me because I say I need to have a word with my dad for a second "stop this, you're so embarrassing" I groan, and he chuckles. "Well I'm going to be the bad guy if you're going to stick your tongue down his throat and have his hands on your behind. If I hadn't walked in there is no wonder what could happen. I'm your dad ellie" 

My eyes widen "dad stop. Leave me and my boyfriend alone. Mom trusts me so you should too. We weren't doing anything, and we are going to do anything. Leave me alone" 

We head downstairs and into the playroom where kenzie is and she has put out popcorn and she got the drinks we usually like "see what I did Ellie. And now I get to be in your date night" she beams, and we sit down on the couch. I sit beside Alex, but I turn to the side and throw my legs across his lap and as he wraps his arms around me, I lean my head on his shoulder. 

"Sorry about my dad, he is so embarrassing" I whisper but he shrugs "it's fine, he loves you and is protective I get it" he says and kiss the side of my face. 

During the movie we shift so he is laying down and I'm snuggled against him which is our favorite position. We always lay like this if we are watching tv or a movie. It's nice because I get to rest my head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat.

-taylors pov- 

Joe comes back into the living room where we were sitting and watching a movie before he decided that he needed to go spy on Ellie and Alex. "She was not happy with me" he chuckles and sit down next to me again. "yeah, no wonder" I roll my eyes. 

"Well, she was straddling him, and he had his hands on her behind so I'm glad I decided to interrupt. Call it my fatherly instincts if you will. She was furious though" he says, and I lean into his waiting arms. "don't push her joe, because if you do, she will never come to you if she needs to talk about this stuff. She hasn't given us a reason to not trust her so please trust her. They've made out on the couch her plenty of times but if I see it I walk away and trust that she won't take things further before she is ready" I tell him and kiss his cheek. 

"yeah yeah. I was calm as a cucumber, but when I think about it more this is uncomfortable. She is our little girl and is making out on her bed or on the couch. I'm putting a chastity belt on her; she isn't having sex anytime soon if there is something I can do about that" he mumbles. 

Now I'm mad and pause the tv "you will not interfere joe. I'm serious, I'm having open conversations with her, and she is happy. She says she isn't having sex and I believe that, but if you keep pushing her, she won't come to me with this stuff anymore. Leave the girl alone" I say sternly. "And we already agreed to let him sleep here so shut it" 

We have been having lots of conversations over the last month about her feelings for her boyfriend, and I'm happy that she is comfortable with being open with me about it. It makes me calmer knowing that she feels like she can ask me questions or talk about her feelings and that's not something I want to lose because joe suddenly changed his mind. 

"it was easier when I hadn't seen them together. Hearing you talk about it and seeing it with my own eyes is two very different things. What if they have sex while we sleep" he groans, and I hit his chest. "She isn't having sex joe, stop this crap. Leave Ellie alone" 

"Mom they were making out on her bed earlier, I saw it when I walked to my room" aurora says as she comes into the living room "they have for sure had sex" she says and pop down on the couch and I bite my lip. I know that this comment will manifest itself in joes' head.