intimate feelings

** Thursday December 27th 2035**

-taylors Pov- 

It's a couple of days after Christmas and joes' family left last night. I let them take my jet so they could have a comfortable flight back home to London. It's so much fun having them here, especially when all the kids get together and have such a good time. The girls had gymnastics and dance early this morning and have the afternoon to do other things. Aurora is going to ruby's house for a sleepover, kenzie is going to Austin's house to have a sleepover with Clara and Ellie is going to Alex's house to have a sleepover with him. 

Joe is really nervous about Ellie sleeping over there but I've tried to calm him down and make him remember that this means we get the house to ourselves for the evening and night. We haven't had the house for just the two of us in months and it's going to be nice to have some quality time. 

"I don't like that she is going over there, we have no way to make sure she isn't having sex if she isn't at our house. This is a bad idea" joe says and pace the living room now that all the kids are off at their respective sleepovers. 

"joe, calm down. What did we say about trusting her" I would tell him what me and Ellie talked about, but I don't want to break her trust. 

** flashback two days ago **

"Mom can I talk to you" Ellie comes into my room "of course you can, come on let's go to your room" we go to her room and close the door. She seems really nervous as she sits down on her bed and tuck her legs close to her. 

"Alex and I talked about... talked about it... And I need to talk about it because I'm going crazy" she says, and I take a second to understand what she is referring too "you talked about sex? Do you want to tell me more about it?" I try to sound calm but it's hard because maybe she wants to have sex, that would be a hard pill to swallow. 

"yes. It was the day when we were down in the basement. It's so anoying that everyone keeps bringing it up all the time. And I told him that I'm not ready to have sex. And he said that he wasn't either. He is a virgin too" she says, and she has a tiny smile on her face and a faint blush on her cheeks. "Neither one of us is ready for sex. And that made me really comfortable knowing that he feels like that too. But it's so anoying when everyone takes everything we do as a sigh we are going to have sex" 

I give her time to get everything off her chest before I speak "it's good that you had that conversation. For a relationship to work communication is probably the most important thing. And it's good that you could be honest about what you're ready for and what you're not ready for. I think it was pretty brave of you to tell him and it shows how mature you are"

Admitting it was probably a bit scary because you never know how the opposite person is going to react to something like that. Joe and I never had to have this conversation because we were having sex before we became a couple, but I was a young girl once upon a time and had to say no to a boyfriend that wanted to have sex. I didn't have sex before I was 20 years old, but I wish I waited longer. Clearly jake was no good for me and he was nine years older than me too. I regret that I let myself be convinced to have sex, but I said yes, and I didn't feel like it was forced, but I just wasn't comfortable. I gave something I could never get back and I wish I had waited longer actually. 

"It made me even more comfortable that I know we can make out, he can hold me close... and he can kiss my neck... But I won't get pressured to go further" she says and bite her lip and I chuckle "no need to hide it Ellie, I saw the two hickeys on your neck that you covered up. I'm your mom I see these things" I say, and she giggles. 

Of course, I noticed it right away. I've covered up many hickeys during my life, so I know what it looks like covered up.  at least they are on her neck and no other places because that would mean they took things further so I'm just trying to hold onto that.