new school year

** monday September 1st 2036 ** 

-taylors pov- 

Today is the start of a new school year. I now have a sophomore in high school, a 7th grader and then kenzie is a 5th grader which is her last year in elementary school. Both aurora and Ellie are going to school today, but not kenzie because she has radiation and on monday she is having her surgery to remove the tumor on her liver, so we don't want her to catch an infection before that. 

I get dressed for the day and go to wake up the girls starting with aurora. I go into her room and flick the light on to wake her up "sweetie, good morning. It's time for school. You're a 7th grader today" I tell her and kiss her forhead. She is not happy in the mornings, she is grumpy, so she opens her eyes and glare at me. 

After waking her up I go to wake up Ellie. "Sweetie, come on. Time to get up. Its school today" I say and kiss her forhead too. She isn't a morning person either, a bit better than aurora who is a nightmare in the morning, but not a morning person like Kenzie. "Mom, I want to sleep" she groans, and I shake my head "No time for school. Get dressed and come downstairs to eat breakfast" 

Then it's waking the easy kid, kenzie. Even though she isn't going to school she needs to get up because I'm taking her straight to radiation after dropping off the other girls. "Sweetie, come on its time to get up" I say after kissing her forhead. 

But like she always does she opens her eyes with a big smile "good morning mom. Did you have a nice sleep?" she asks, and I grin at her "I sure did. Today we need to leave a bit earlier because we need to drop your sisters off at school" I tell her. 

She gets out of bed, no problem. I disconnect her from her night feed and take the feeding bag and pump with me downstairs to get it ready for the day too. Every day I need to change the bag to keep it hygienic, and the extension is attached to her feeding bag so that obviously get changed too. The extension goes from the feeding bag and connect to the end of her NG tube so the formula can get into her tummy. So this is always the first thing i do in the morning, get the feeding stuff ready for a new day.

Hopefully she will eat more soon, but we don't know that. The treatment has been hard on her body, and she just isn't able to eat right now. Thankfully the feeding tube gives her all the nutrients she needs but it's not ideal, we want to get her back on a solid diet, but we aren't in a rush to do so. 

Joe is also coming to the radiation today because afterwards we have a meeting with the surgeon for a pre-op appointment before the surgery on monday. They want to get bloodwork from her, examine her and take a few scans to make sure that she is fit for surgery. They will obviously also go over the risks of surgery. The liver is a dangerous area to operate on so there are several things that could go wrong that we need to be aware of. 

After getting a new feed bag set up with formula and I have primed her line I can start getting breakfast for the other girls ready. Today I'm going for something simple, just scrambled eggs, fruit and toast, but it's something I know they like.

thankfully I also got their lunches ready last night, so I don't have to do that today. I still pack lunches for them to make sure that they are getting a nutritious meal at school to get through the school day. Sometimes they ask if they could buy something at school instead, but we have said that we would rather send something with them. Sometimes Ellie groans and tells me it is so uncool, but I could care less about my coolness factor. According to my children I'm never cool anyway so. 

"Good morning" Ellie says as she comes downstairs, and I give her a good morning hug and hand her a plate of breakfast. "Good morning sweetie. Ready for sophomore year?" I ask her.