how sick is she?

** monday february 18th, 2036**

-taylors Pov- 

We get to the general medical floor of the children's hospital where she aperently will be while we do the testing and stuff. So a kind nurse led us to her room and inform us that a doctor will be in shortly. I help kenzie into bed and she curls up on top of the covers because she is sweating like crazy right now and really fatigued so she hardly has energy to move. 

Taylor- hi babe. We are at the hospital, she wanted to admit her for testing because she looks so I'll and she found a few bumps that needs checking out too. We don't know anything, and she told us to not jump to worst case before we know anything for sure 

I text joe so he is in the loop too. He is at home doing some home exercises from his physiotherapist. 

Joe- shit, I'm worried. Glad we brought her in. Let me know when you know anything 

We wait about ten minutes before a doctor, a resident and the nurse come in to present the plan. "so we got the rundown from your doctor, and we want to do blood tests to see if there is anything abnormal in her blood. Then we want to biopsy one of the enlarged lymph nodes to see the makeup of it and determine of its benign or malignant. Then we also want a urine sample. We also want a chest x-ray and CT If any of these comes back positive for something that's concerning, we want to do a bone marrow test too to see of the bone marrow is affected too. We don't want you to be alarmed by this, we are looking for cancer first and foremost to rule it out as that's the most serious thing it can be. If it comes back negative for cancer, we will move on to less serious condition" 

It's so nerve-wracking to hear the world cancer as a possible reason for her state and swollen lymph nodes. It was never in my wildest dreams something that I thought could happen to one of my kids. We have had so much shit thrown at us over the years and now this is bringing me to a new level of anxiety. Kenzie has always been the healthiest of the girls and is generally a happy and bubbly child, but that has changed recently. She is really exhausted but sometimes she is perfectly fine. 

The nurse moves to give her some fluids because they already know she is dehydrated from the fact that she hasn't really eaten or drunk much the last couple of days, which alarmed us even more. Kenzie doesn't even flinch when she puts in the IV like she usually does with blood tests, she is totally wiped out. 

After the doctor leaves someone comes and take her blood and they tell us that they will give her some local setation in about an hour to take a sample of the lymph node in her armpit for testing. Meanwhile she is going down to take an CT and Chest-x-ray 

"Mommy" she whimpers as she is wheeled down towards the imaging suites and I take her hand as I walk beside her bed "i'm right her Mackenzie, you're not here alone. Mommy is right here" I tell her and hold her weak hand tightly. 

I have to put on this weird cover to stay with her while they do the imaging and I'm just doing everything I can to keep it together right now. I can't let myself panic because that will make her panic. We don't know what this is and I'm not going to get her worried before I know anything. I do with joe was here, I really need him right now, but he is having his daily rest before he is picking up the other two girls from school and taking them to their after-school activities. 

We are taken straight from the imaging suit to a procedure room where a surgeon is going to remove her lymph node under her arm. They're giving her some light sedatives to calm her down and then injecting a strong local anesthetic to take away the pain. They've decided to remove the entire lymph node instead of just doing a needle biopsy so they're cutting into her and removing it before stitching it up again.