prayers don't stop bullet holes

** Wednesday april 16th 2036** 

-taylors pov- 

It takes another two hours before someone comes into the room again "Elliana is out of surgery and being taken up to medium care. The bullet went through her tibial nerve so there was a lot of bleeding and a complicated surgery, but unless there are any major complications, she will be okay" the doctor says, and I cry out in relief. 

"If there aren't complications there is about seven days in the hospital in front of you and then she can go home. There will be a lot of physical therapy and she won't be able to do physical activity other than walking for a few months." the doctor continues. 

They show us the way to her and when we reach the room she is just waking up. But when she wakes up, she is screaming "baby girl its mommy and daddy. You're safe Elliana" I say and go over to her and take her hand in mine. 

The nurses come in to make sure she doesn't pull out some wires or something, but she isn't doing that, she is panicking though. "Mommy don't let them hurt me" she screams and my heart breaks for her. 

I run my hand through her hair "Elliana. You're safe. You're in the hospital. It's just mommy, daddy and the medical staff here. No one is going to hurt you" Joe goes to her other side and hold her other hand "Elliana. We are here" 

It takes a while, but she calms down and I text Viviane quickly to tell her that Ellie is out of surgery too. "Alex. He was with me. Is he dead" she whimpers, and I ask the nurse if I can get into bed with her and I can as long as I don't go near her leg because it needs to stay clean. They cover it and I slide into bed on the other side where her injured leg isn't. 

"Alex was hurt too. But he is out of surgery and Viviane and Brian are there with him. You were together when they found you, but you're both okay" I tell her and kiss her head as she cries into my chest.  

She is terrified and both joe and I have tears in our eyes. This is a parent's worst nightmare when you send your children to school. School is supposed to be a safe place they go to get their education, but our gun laws make it possible for people to go into the school and kill children. 

"My friends" she asks, and I bite my lip "I only know about Lauren, she is okay and home with Abigail. I don't know anything about the situation sweetie, I wish I had all the information for you, but I don't. What I will do is tell you the second I know anything about it. We aren't going to keep anything from you" joe tells her and rub her head. 

"Did they go to auroras school too" she asks, and I shake my head "No just yours. Only the high school. Aurora is upstairs with Uncle Austin and kenzie" I tell her what I told her sisters, that she was hurt but people are helping her as well as they can. The girls were terrified and crying, but I had to leave so I could be there with joe. 

"Elliana is it okay if I go and talk to your sisters? Will you be okay here with mom" joe asks her, and she says that he can go. Obviously, we need to inform her sisters that she is out of surgery and seem to be doing okay. 

I tell Ellie everything the doctor told me about her condition and how she can't dance for a while. There is a lot of physical therapy ahead of her, but she will hopefully be back in the studio as soon as she gets the green light. We know how much dance means to her so of course we are rooting for her to get back as soon as she can. Dance has been something that has helped her for years whenever something hard happens. 

"I want to see Alex. I need to see that he is alive" she cries but just as I'm about to say something Viviane comes towards us, Alex is on the same floor as Ellie. "hi sweetie, I wanted to come see how you are doing" Viviane says and take Ellies hand. "i'm okay. How is Alex" she says and sniffle.