more news

** tuesday august 12th 2036 ** 

-taylors pov- 

The doctor comes in and sit down. Kenzie holds my hand tightly; she has been scared this morning because she knows how important this is. This is a moment that could change everything. 

"Good morning to you three. I know you're nervous about this so I'm going to get straight to the point" the oncologist says when he sits down. All three of us say good morning back but we are just waiting for him to say the words at this point, we need to know. 

"Her counts are continuing to go up, which means that at this time we think the transplant worked" he says, and tears form in my eyes, and I profusely wipe under my eyes. "Which means that her bone marrow is recovering, the scans we did of her body on monday showed an update in how the chemo has worked and it looks as of now that the cancer is minimal. Now we need to continue with the treatment plan, but it seems like it's working" he continues. 

Kenzie looks up at me with big eyes "does that mean I'm not going to die" she whimpers, and I lift her from her chair and into my arms "it means that things are getting better" I kiss her cheek. 

"You still have stage four cancer Mackenzie, but it's getting smaller, and the odds are getting better. It's still a long road left, but it's going in the right direction" The doctor tells her, and she is crying at this point. 

last night she was so scared that I had to sleep next to her, she was nervous they were going to tell her that it hadn't worked and that she was going to die. She woke up several times screaming that she was dying because of a nightmare she was having. 

The doctor goes over the treatment plan moving forward and we leave. It is a short visit and then its radiation before we can go home again. 

-ellies pov- 

Alex and I are still lying in his bed even though its 11am. I slept over here last night, and we spent the entire night tangled naked under the sheets which always make me feel good. I'm awake, I've been awake for a bit but I'm just enjoying lying in bed together until he wakes up. 

His arms are wrapped around me but then I feel his body shift and his arms tighten around me. "good morning babe" I say and kiss his naked chest as my head is resting there. "good morning baby" 

"This is the best kind of morning. You and me" I say and grin up at him. But our moment is broken up when my phone goes off. I was waiting for a call from my mom since they were at the doctors with kenzie this morning. It's her facetiming me. 

I pick up and my mom pops on the screen "hi, how did it go at the doctors" I ask and she can't stop laughing. "What?" I say and laugh too. 

"haven't we had conversation about putting on a shirt when you answer the phone, so we don't know that you had sex?" she says but clearly, she isn't mad she is just teasing, and I blush. "I forgot" I mumble. We have had that conversation a few times, but I was just so nervous about kenzie that it wasn't really in the front of my mind. 

"well your sister is doing better. Her blood count is going up so it's good news. There is still a long road ahead but it's getting better" she tells me and it's a relief that the treatment seems to be working. 

We don't talk for much longer before we hang up and I'm snuggling with Alex again. We won't get to do this as often when school starts again in a couple of weeks so we are enjoying it as long as we can. Sleeping in together on a weekday is not a luxury we have when school is in session. 

I change my position and slide one of my legs over his torso so I'm straddling him. I look down at his handsome boyish face and run my fingers through his hair. He run his hands up and down my thighs making me shiver.