breakdown

** Wednesday September 5th 2035**

-taylors Pov- 

Joe is taking the girls to school while I get some stuff done around the house. And when I bring in the mail my eyebrows knit together when I see one of the letters. It's a heading I never wanted to see, and I steady myself against the counter as I feel like I'm going to be sick. The letter is addressed from the parole board. 

I open the letter and read what it says. Aperently Adam is applying for parole, and they are going to review it. he is doing life in prison with the possibility for parole, and he could apply after ten years, but you can apply 13 months before you were sentenced so he probably sent the application months ago.

"hi love I'm back" joe calls and I'm standing by the kitchen island shaking from anxiety. "Taylor?" he says as he comes into the kitchen but I'm frozen, I can't speak, and I can't talk.

"Are you okay?" he says, and I can hear him come closer to me but I can't stop staring down at this stupid piece of paper in my hands. 

Joe grabs my waist and lift me onto the counter before wrapping his arms around me bringing me close" what's wrong Taylor" 

"Adam" I say with a cracked voice before the tears start streaming down my face. "What about him. Did he send you a letter love?" he says and gently rock us from side to side. 

I take my time to gather myself and figure out what to say. "No not him but the parole board. He applied for parole and they ask us if we want to make a statement in defense of keeping him locked up" I say and try to breath in his scent to not panic too much. 

"That piece of shit isn't getting out Taylor. He is staying right where he is" he says and bring out his phone. I would ask who he is calling but I just can't seem to think about anything other than him getting out and coming back to hurt us. 

He puts his phone on the counter when I start to sob and pick me up and carry me to the couch. I can't think, sobs are taking over my body and I feel like I'm drowning. 

-joes pov- 

I tuck Taylor on the couch and wrap a blanket around her shaking body to try and give her some comfort. "My love, I love you. I will be right back to cuddle you, but I need to call the lawyer" I tell her but she ins't responding. Seeing her like this breaks my heart, she is falling apart, and I don't know what to say right now because I don't have all the information. 

It hurts to leave her like this on the couch, but I can't help her without having the information I need to do that. So I call our lawyer mr Passman. "Hello joe, I was just about to call one of you" he says, and I know that means he got the news too. 

"Yes, we got the letter from the parole board. What is going on?" I ask him and sit down on the counter while I also keep an eye on Taylor that's a sobbing mess on the couch. 

"a few months ago, Adam filed for consideration for parole. He can do that after ten years of incrassation and he can apply from 13 months before it's been ten years. Now that they are taking it up for consideration the prosecution wants to put up a defense about how he is still a danger to society and your family, that's why they are asking you for a comment. I talked to them an hour ago and they feel like a statement from elliana and taylor will strengthen their case" he says, and I try to grasp my head around what he is saying. 

"do they need to make the statement in a court? Or at a parole hearing? Do they need to see him in person? Do you know if anyone has figured out who the hell leaked the documents" I try to keep my voice down, so I don't yell but I'm really angry right now. 

"The prosecution wants to have a meeting with the three of you and us tomorrow morning at 9am. Would you guys be able to do that? They have more information than I have at this point" he says, and I guess that's just what we need to do. "Okay that's fine. We will be there" I agree to it.