dress shopping and she might be sick

** sunday february 17th, 2036**

-taylorsPov-

Today we are going dress shopping for prom, and I'm excited. This is the first prom she is going to and that is an exciting step. The high school isn't that big, so they let all four grades go to prom. The tickets are first reserved for the seniors who plan the whole thing, and then its first come first serve for the rest of the tickets. Ellie is going with Alex and Lauren is going with Lucas so Abigail and I decided that we should go dress shopping together.

We are sitting together eating breakfast and joe is talking about her dress "so please don't chose a dress just to try and be sexy or something. You don't need that, you're a young girl. Cleavage covered and all that" he says, and Ellie chuckled "i'm not going for a particular dress style dad. I want something that's easy to dance and walk in. That's my criteria. And preferably no typical ball gown or sequins. I want elegance" she says.

For the last several days Ellie and I have been looking online at different dresses to figure out a general idea for what she wants so we have something to go on when we get to the store. She doesn't want a big poofy ball gown, she wanted to go for a sleek elegant look that's more timeless is the explanation she gave me.

"What is Alex wearing?" he asks, and she shrugs "haven't decided yet I think. But he said probably a tux but he wanted to know what color I settle on before deciding for sure so we can match" she says.

"Why don't you like go with your friends and have it be a friend's prom or a group date" he suggests, and she groans "because I'm going with my boyfriend dad. Obviously, we are hanging out with our friends, and we are all getting food beforehand together, but other than that we are going as a couple. That's what you do when you have a boyfriend dad"

We have been talking about what their plans are for before and after the prom. And we have decided that we are going to host her and her friends at the music row apartment, so we know they are having a safe and alcohol free after party. it's going to be her group of closest friends so they will be around six people, I think. Alex is picking her up here and meeting their friends at some sort of restaurant for dinner because the dinner at the prom is only for the seniors, but they are going there for the party. Afterwards there are a lot of parties going on all around town, but us parents decided that we wanted to host something for them so they wouldn't end up at one of those parties and drink alcohol.

"Do I get to approve the dress" joe asks "no. Mom said I get to pick whatever I want"

They are all having a sleepover at the apartment after their little party situation, but security is going to be there and check on the group every once in a while, to make sure they are okay. They are working as chaperones to this. We figured that if they have this opportunity it was less chance that they would want to go somewhere else.

**

We reach a boutique downtown and meet Abigail and Lauren there to try on dresses. Beforehand we contacted the boutique that's a big deal here and they are showing us into the private room where they let high end clients try on stuff in private.

"What kind of dresses are we going for girls? Do you have a vision in mind or color?" the owner Dianna asks us. I've been here several times to get stuff for myself so I'm excited for Ellie and Lauren to go here too.

"I was thinking something timeless and not something poofy" Ellie says and take off her jacket "but I want something with volume" Lauren says. And Dianna goes to get options for both of them.

She comes back with four options for each of them and they take one each with them to change into it. I'm excited to see the dress Ellie is going to wear, she has a vision for what she wants and that makes it easier to shop, I guess. But she is open for options within what she is thinking.