chemo and giving a statement

A/N so i just wanted to tease thay Im currently 11 chapters into the ellie spin off and loving it. My little Helper had read it all and is just ad exited. Its going to be fun watching what ellie gets up to.

** monday June 9th 2036**

-taylors pov-

We arrive at the cancer center for a chemo infusion and kenzie curls up in the recliner after the nurse accesses her port. She is in a bad mood today, didn't sleep much and says she feels yucky, so this is going to be an interesting day.

"hi there, miss kenzie, I'm here to take some blood, take your vitals and then start the chemo for the day. They also want to give you some fluids" Kenzie's favorite nurse, nurse Fallon, says and still a little grumpy she sits up to give her access to her iv. "i am bored. I hate hospitals" kenzie groans and pouts.

"Are we in a bad mood today kenzie, would a cancer pop maybe help on that?" nurse Fallon suggests and kenzie agrees to that. "I think we should skip the chemo today" she argues but we tell her that its important and that this is the second to last week of the regular chemo. Then it's the conditioning chemo for the bone marrow transplant.

"I think I actually don't need the bone marrow transplant, I'm all better now" she says, and I shake my head "No you need it. Your body needs all the help it can get, it's a long road still baby girl. But we are taking it one step at a time. And do you remember what we will do when you're done with the chemo?"

Her eyes light up for a second "yes you're having a huge concert in a stadium with lots of your artist friends to raise money for research for childhood cancer. They need research money because so little of the money raised for cancer research goes to children, which is stupid because we are kids so that means we are going to live longer anyway. Adults are old, we are kids" she says. She isn't wrong, it's stupid that childhood cancer research doesn't get enough money because the majority goes to adults. It's sad because adults obviously need research too, but children are the future of the world.

"I think that's wonderful" nurse Fallon says as she finishes hocking kenzie up to her infusions. "Are you going to help pick the songs then?" she asks and kenzie proudly nods. I've asked several of the kids in the cancer ward for their opinions.

"Nurse Fallon, maybe I actually don't have cancer. Doctor's make mistakes all the time, I'm sure they make mistakes about kids having cancer too?" she argues. "well, you're right, sometimes it's hard to diagnose cancers because there are so many of them and so many variables, but with yours there are no question. You have stage four which means that they have figured out that you have the... essentially the worst of the kind you have, which in tales that they have done a lot of testing to make sure that tis correct. So you do have cancer. But we have good treatments and are trying to get you all better again" she tells kenzie and squeeze her hand.

She goes to get kenzie a cancer pop which she is happy about. "This makes coming here worth it, these are really good" she concludes as she sucks on it.

-ellies pov-

Once again, I'm going to the prosecutor's office to give a statement about something, this time the shooting. They are taking statements from all the children there, but only those of us that was shot is going to testify, I think. I don't want to testify, but I guess it's fine, I've done it several times so I'm not that nervous about it. Sadly I'm used to it.

We walk into the reception when Rebecca and her mom comes walking towards us, she has tearstains on her cheeks and bloodshot eyes. "Can I hug you?" I say softly when she gets closer, and she nods softly. I don't waste any time with wrapping my arms around her and I can feel that she is tense at first but then relaxes.