the wrist

-taylors pov- 

I go outside and pick up the phone "hi tree what's up" I say and bite my lip and cross my fingers that it's not something too bad. 

"hi I will get right too it. I hate to make this call Taylor. I am so sorry but there were pictures taken of you and Ellie earlier today" she says, and I furrow my eyebrows. "Well, it's annoying and disrespectful but it happens sadly" 

There is a long pause "Thats not the worst of it Taylor. They see a bandage on her wrist. People everywhere is saying that she tried to kill herself" she says and all the blood drain from my face. 

"Wait what. That's none of their fucking business, and also not true" I am furious. Why can't they leave my kids alone for fucks sake. They have already crossed the line with Ellie when they exposed that she has an eating disorder. There are pictures every once in a while, that I find disrespectful, but this tops that. She is 12 years old and not a celebrity, she doesn't deserve this. 

"so she didn't try to kill herself" she says hesitantly. "no. She did cut herself, but it wasn't like that. But that's none of the media's business. She is a child, a minor and having this stuff out there makes my blood boil" I say and rub my temple. 

"They are asking for a comment from you" she says, and I think for a second. "Tell them that my family is off limits, and I won't make coments on personal matters" I tell her. There is no way they are getting a comment on something like this, its private. My children's medical information isn't up for discussion... nothing about my kids is up for discussion actually, they are children. 

We agree to what she is going to say to them and hang up. I know that I need to call joe now, so I do that and fight back the tears. "hi love" he says with a cheerful voice, but I can't match it. "Pictures of Ellie was leaked, and they see that she cut her wrist. I hate the media; I despise them for doing this to our children. They are children and none of the publics fucking business" I fume at him and go on a rant. 

"that's messed up. She is 12 years old. It's bad enough that she is struggling, it doesn't need to be out there" he says, and I can hear he is angry too. "I know. She should be able to go to the mall without this shit. And she was wearing long sleeves too, so they really had to look to even see it. They are claiming she tried to kill herself, which isn't true. I'm so mad I could hit someone" I say and lean against the wall behind me. 

I feel like a terrible mother that I can't protect my kids from this kind of stuff. There isn't anything I can do to get those pictures taken down and the headlines form coming. Now it's out there and there is nothing I can do about it which makes me feel powerless. 

I sniffle and wipe away the tears I can't cry here. "Love don't cry. This is just another hurtle in the road, and we will get through this too" he says to try to comfort me but right now it doesn't do that, I don't know if there is anything anyone can say to comfort me right now. 

"Are you going to post anything?" he asks me, and I sigh "I want to tell them to fuck off" I chuckle, I'm so pissed off that I could explode any second. 

"Why don't you do that then. Tell them to mind their own business" he says and now I decide to do it so I go in the car and put him on speaker so I can type while I talk to him. 

@taylorswift13: our kids are none of the media's business. Leave them alone. Anyone that sees the pictures posted anywhere please report the pictures. Vulnerable pictures of children that can't consent to them being plastered on social media and on gossip sites shouldn't be allowed. All children are entitled to privacy, and that include ours. 

"it's short and simple. I would tell them to go fuck themself but that will only make it worse" I chuckle. "Then I will tell them to fuck off then" he states, and I giggle, I love my husband I couldn't ask for a better partner in life.