unexpected conversations, panic attacks and one direction

** Wednesday april 30th 2036**

-taylors pov-

Its Kenzie's second day with outpatient infusions and she brings her favorite blanket with her to sit in the chair for the infusion. I'm bringing my iPad so I can do some work while we wait. She snuggles into her chair, and they hock her up to the chemo through her port. We spend a long time here on infusion days, but it's worth it since we get to have her home.

Today she isn't feeling good, so she curls up in her chair "Mommy. I don't feel good" she says grumpily, and I rub her back. "i'm sorry to hear that. Do you want cuddles?" I ask her and she nods.

I pick her up and sit down in the chair before taking her into my lap. Immediately she snuggles as close as she can. It's a bit hard to hold her because I don't want to get in the way of the port and feeding tube, but we have gotten good at it by now.

"Mom what songs are you singing on Friday?" she asks, and I shrug. "I don't know kenzie. How about you help me pick?" I tell her and kiss her forhead. I haven't thought about the songs actually, I should probably do that.

"Shake it off. You need to sing that; everyone loves it even though I'm tired of it. And no songs with bad words, then you need to take out the bad words" she says, and I chuckle. The girls have had enough of shake it off, they don't like it because they have heard it every time I've been somewhere preforming, and they've tagged along.

"Mommy when will I get better?" she asks, and I hold her a little tighter. I find myself wondering about that too, and I wish I could tell her that this is straight forward and that after the treatments planned for her that she will be fine. But cancer doesn't work that way, we don't know what turn it will take. Even after treatment we need to wait five years before they can declare her cancer free. "I wish I could tell you that kenzie, but I can't. No one can tell you that. But what I can tell you is that no matter what happened, daddy and I are going to be by your side"

-ellies pov-

I was in class, but the school nurse came and asked for me. "it's Alex" she says quietly as we step out of the classroom, and I walk quickly with her. "I called his mom, but he is asking for you. Mrs. turner is on her way through" the nurse says as we approach her office.

We go inside and Alex is sitting there on her bench with his back against the wall and his arms wrapped around his legs. "ell---ellie" he says, and I immediately climb up on the bench with him and wrap my arms around him "i'm here Alex. You're okay" I say softly to him and kiss his head.

He has had to comfort me like this on several occasions, even though its different because he doesn't seem to be dissociating, it's still hard to see. He doesn't say much but he clings to me, and there isn't much I can do other than hold him close.

Standard protocol wouldn't have been to take me out of class, But the school are aware we were together when it happened, so I think they are making an exception to keep him calm.

"don't go" he mumbles in my chest, and I scratch the back of his neck lovingly "I'm not going anywhere babe. And your mom is on the way" I tell him.

It doesn't take long before the door opens and Viviane walks in. She sits down on the bench too on the other side where I'm not sitting and wrap her arms around her son. "it's okay Alex. I'm here now. I'm here and Ellie is here" she says and hold him close to her chest while I'm holding his hand.

He doesn't really say anything but holds my hand tightly and is resting against his mom's chest. It hurts to see him like this, he is in pain, and I can't take it away. His mom is warm and cares a lot about her children, I really like her. And she is so welcoming of me too which I appreciate more than I could ever tell her. His whole family is so nice to me.