the youngest is growing up too

-taylors Pov- 

there are lots of knocks on our door "come in" Kenzie comes in and looks really panicked so I jump out of bed and go over to her. "what's wrong sweetie" 

She is crying and her lip trembles "mom I think I'm dying" she says, and my eyes widen "what do you mean sweetie". Joe comes out of the bathroom since he heard what Ellie was saying and come over to us clearly concerned as well. 

There are a million possibilities running around my head with all the things that could be wrong with her. What if she is right what if she is sick. 

"i'm bleeding" she says with wide eyes, and I furrow my eyebrows and take a step back so I can look at her "where are you bleeding" I ask her softly while I try to keep calm. 

"I went to the bathroom and there was blood" she tells me and relief sinks in and I whisper to joe "it's fine, I got this" I tell him and take kenzie into my bathroom. "you're not dying sweetie; you got your period" 

She looks really scared and I feel so bad for her. "But I can't get it because I'm not old enough yet. I'm only almost ten. Ellie and aurora were 12 when they got theirs. I remember because I went to the store and got stuff for Ellie and aurora told me. I'm too young" she whimpers, and I smile at her "you can get it earlier than what they did. My friend got hers when she was 8 years old. It's perfectly okay" 

I go to my cupboard and get some pads for her for the night, and we can get something more fitting in the morning. "In the morning you and I can go to the store, and we can find whatever you need. There are so many sizes but this is one for nighttime and here is two so you can put on one in the morning when you wake up and have a spare. We will get you some tampons too tomorrow and you can see what you like" I tell her and kiss her forhead. 

"But mom how do I use this I don't know anything. Help me" she cries, and I take her hand and we go to her bedroom, and I get a pair of panties from her drawer to show her. "so, you take off the wrapper and then you take off the backing so you can stick it in your underwear like this" I say and do what I'm saying. "You need to position it so its covering where you're bleeding. And then you take off the backing off the wings and stick them around, so it stays in place" I tell her, and she eyes me and pay attention to what I'm doing. 

"And then I won't bleed through?" she asks timidly "most likely not. But if you do that's no big deal and we can deal with it. Bleeding through is no big deal, it sucks but it happens to most of us at one point or another. You're going to be fine" 

I wait for her as she goes to the bathroom to put on the pad for nighttime by herself. Now my last baby girl is getting her period and its slightly emotional because it means that she is growing up too. She is the baby of the family, but she is becoming a woman too. 

When she gets out again, she slides under the covers, and I sit down beside her and rub her back "are you hurting or something like that? Is your stomach fine? It might start to hurt" 

She shakes her head "it's not hurting right now. I'm just embarrassed that I didn't understand what was happening. What if I do gymnastic and I bled through, that's going to be mortifying" she says, and I smile weakly at her "your sisters use tampons when they are working out. But you don't have to do that if you don't want to, it's not something everyone likes. There are pads that are designed for working out too, so we will get you both options so you can figure out what you like. And if you have questions you can come to me" I tell her and sit with her some more before I turn off her lights and go back to joe. 

He is sitting in bed waiting for me under the covers, so I slide in on my side of the bed. "Did she get her period?" he asks, and I nod "yeah, so I'm taking her to the store tomorrow to get different stuff"