the lake

** friday July 18th 2036** 

-ellies pov- 

Alex and his family pick me up from my house as we are driving to the cabin for the weekend. I'm sitting in the backseat with Alex he greets me with a kiss, and I say hi to his family. His siblings and their guests are driving in their own car because there is no space for everyone. It's going to be exiting to go on vacation with them for the weekend, I've already spent weekends at his house but it's different when we are going somewhere. 

He lays a hand on my bare thigh, I'm wearing shorts, and I lean my head on his shoulder. "You're beautiful" he whispers and kiss my forhead. 

**

We get to the cabin and it's by a beautiful lake with places to jump into the water, it's going to be really fun. 

His parents show us where we will be sleeping, we are sharing a room with a big, nice bed and a view of the lake. We start to unpack our bags and his brother comes into the doorway "Did you pack the Viagra Alex?" he asks, and I chuckle while Alex rolls his eyes "haha really funny Gabriel. That was a one-time mistake" he groans. No one will ever forget that ever. 

"you sure your penis is working fine? Ellie, does it stand?" he asks, and Alex gets a pillow and throw it at his brother "my dick works perfectly fine thank you for the concern" Alex says and wrap his arms around me. "He is right, I'm more than satisfied" I add with a smug smile making his brother burst out in laughter. 

We change into bikini and swimming trunks so we can go out and enjoy the lake. Aperently its pretty hot as it's a hot summer in Nashville this year. His parents are sitting on the porch talking, his siblings and the friends they brought are also in the water. 

There aren't many people here, only thee cabins around this lake, so my parents let me come here without security. It took a lot of convincing but since I wasn't going with them, and no one really knows where I am I was allowed to come without them. It would be so embarrassing if I had to have security tag along when I'm on vacation with my boyfriend, that's not normal at all. 

We run and jump into the water; they were right about it being a nice temperature. I reach the surface and wipe away the water from my eyes before floating on my back. It feels so freeing to be here without security watching me or the fear of cameras snapping pictures of me, I've never done that before. 

Alex comes over to me, so I wrap my legs around his waist and arms around his neck before gently kissing him. His hands are on my ass holding me up and we can't stop smiling at one another. "We come here every year but coming here with you is so much more fun baby" he says and shower my face in kisses. This is going to be such a good weekend. 

-taylors pov- 

Kenzie is getting yet another blood transfusion today; they are working on getting her numbers up, but we are only on day +4 now so it's still a long way to go. But they say that if she is stable and her numbers have improved to some degree, she can come home sometime next week and recover from home. 

When she comes home our family will need to adjust to that because we can't risk her getting sick. We can't have people over, no one can get too close to her, and hygiene needs to be better than ever. Aurora and Ellie aren't happy that they can't have people over but that's the sacrifice we all have to make to get our baby girl home again. That's the priority, not having their friends or Ellies boyfriend over. If they want to see people, they can do it somewhere else because the priority is getting kenzie home and stay safe. 

"Why does Ellie get to go on vacation with her boyfriend. That's unfair" kenzie grumbles as she eats a cancer pop in her bed. "it's not unfair. His parents asked if she wanted to come, and we said she could" I tell her. We have been having this discussion all morning because in her eyes no one should go on vacation if she can't.