welcome to New York

** thursday march 10th, 2033**

-taylors pov- 

Ellie and I are doing the last of the packing before we go on the plane to new York. She is coming with me on the press tour for the new album that's dropping on monday. Up until then we are spending some time in new York and walking around because that's what she wanted to do when she reached the goal weight. So we are going to see some sightings stuff, shopping, go see a Broadway play and see a new york city ballet performance. It's going to be fun even though it's also going to be a bit stressful. 

I always get nervous if I'm going around places where there are paparazzi with the kids because I hate that they are exposed to those kinds of stuff. But this is something Ellie really wants so I'm keeping my anxiety on the inside for her sake. She has only seen the city from our apartment or the inside of a car, and I do feel bad about that but it's just what we have done to keep them shielded. 

We say bye to the other girls and joe before we head for the airport and board the plane. I have two private planes that I travel around the world in, the girls have actually never taken a commercial plane. It's just a safety risk to travel any other way, for us and for the other passengers. 

Tree, my stylist, my assistant Claire and hair and makeup team are also coming because we are doing press in new York, London, Paris, Japan, Australia and finally LA for the new album. And of course my security. I haven't done this much press in years so it's going to be interesting but album 13 is such a special thing for me so we wanted to do more promo for it. 

** 

We touch down in new york and get to our apartment in Tribeca. It's the apartment I bought back in 2013 and have had ever since. The apartment that holds many memories, both good and bad, and I still keep it for when we are in town. To me it's so much better to have a property we can stay at rather than stay at a hotel, especially when its places that we visit a lot. We have property in LA, Nashville, new York and London. 

"Mom, I love this place" she says as we walk in the door and my security brings in the luggage before leaving us alone. We have had some food dropped off here before we got here since we haven't been here in a while. "I love it too. I've had so many memories in this apartment and city" 

"How long did you primarily live here, and why would you ever move. It's just so... the city is so alive" she says and stare out the kitchen windows. "I lived here from around 2013 until 2016. But in the last part of 2015 and up until I started to date your dad, I also spent more and more time in LA since I had a boyfriend that lived there" 

My life was so different back then, I was young and naïve to a lot of the things I would end up going through. Thing were going good for me, I had everything I thought I wanted, but turns out that it was mostly just lies.

I had my group of friends that the public named "Taylors squad" that consisted of supermodels, actresses and singers. We were the girls everyone wanted to be, and I was at the center of it all. But little did they know that the whole thing was toxic from day one. I was at a point in my life where I went from being the underdog to being the it-girl that everyone wanted to be friends with. And for someone that was never a cool kid I just wanted to embrace everyone that wanted to be my friend. But that came back to bite me in the ass because I realized I trusted people I never should have trusted.

With time, especially my downfall in late 2016, I learned that a lot of the people I thought was close friends really was only hanging around me because I was the it-girl everyone wanted to be around, they didn't want to hang with me for who I really was. I remember when the whole Kim and Kanye situation blew up, I had people I thought was close friends shading me online and then it only got worse.