alarms

(A/N welcome to chapter 100. Let another drama begin)

** Wednesday april 16th 2036**

-taylors pov-

I'm sitting in Kenzie's hospital room reading a book while she watches tv. But then my phone goes off and its joe, so I pick it up. "hi babe" I say and close my book.

There is a long silence on the other line, and I hear his voice crack "joe what's going on" I say slightly more alarmed, but I don't want to make kenzie worried as she is getting a chemo infusion right now.

"Taylor. It's really bad. I don't know how to say this" he says, and I can hear he is sobbing. "joe tell me" I say and go into the bathroom to not worry kenzie.

** hours earlier ***

-ellies pov-

I'm walking into school in a good mood today, I don't know why but I feel like today is going to be good. I don't have any tests; I have a long free period which I fully intent to spend with my boyfriend and then I have dance after school. Not to mention that at the end of the school day I have a class at the department of my school that's for gifted children, so I get to work on something advanced, which means it's a good day.

First period goes well and now it's time for a free period, so I put my books in my locker as Alex comes towards me. "hi baby" he says and wrap an arm around my waist and kiss my cheek. "Hey there alexander. Funny seeing you here today" I flirt which makes him laugh.

"you're a funny girl aren't you Elliana. I'm happy because now I get to spend an hour with my girlfriend which I'm going to fully take advantage off" he says and grab my hand as we walk through the hallways.

We should probably get some actual work done, but we aren't obligated to, so we try to take free periods to spend together. We are however bringing work so we can pretend to actually get things done. I don't have to work that hard to stay at the top of my class, and he is at the top of his class too which means we have more time for one another. He isn't a genius like me, but he is pretty smart, not that his IQ is something that actually matters to me in the big picture.

He leads me to the cafeteria where lots of students are working and some are sitting in groups talking. We get a table for ourselves and set up our school things to pretend we are working.

I can't stop smiling at his handsome boyish face with the chestnut eyes that I love looking into. I'm starting to wonder if this is going to last, are we going to be happy together forever or am I in for a major heartbreak. It's making me sad because I love him, and I don't want this to ever end. "what's wrong Ellie?" he says and rub my back.

"i'm just thinking... what will happen to us? Like I love you so much and I don't want to ever lose you, but how many high school sweethearts actually stay together in the long run" I say and look down.

He uses his arm to pull me closer to him "hey. My parents were high school sweethearts. They meet when they were both in freshman year and only ever had eyes for one another. They had some rough patches when they were at separate colleges, but they were so in love that there was no doubt they wanted to make it work. Some high school sweethearts last forever Elliana. You and me, we can make it. But let's just take one day at a time, I love you, and you love me. That's really all we need to know right now. The future is so uncertain for everyone, tomorrow is not a given, so we need to take full advantage of every moment" gently he kisses me, and I lean my head on his shoulder.

I grin at him and kiss him again "when you are young, they assume we know nothing. But I think we know just enough. Not too much or too little. You make me happy; you make me feel like the prettiest girl in the world. That's enough for me right now"