Chapter 55 Unedited.

Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Naples Italy. Thank you for choosing to fly with Delta airlines, hope you have a pleasant visit, the pilot announces, when the plane came to a full stop. It was nine ten a.m. here, we took an overnight flight. We make our way off the plane and through the small airport, to baggage claim. Having the girls with me; we didn't have any problems finding our way around, because they speak and understand the most frequently Italian words use by tourists." Thanks to our housekeeper Teresa," she taught them how to speak Italian since they were toddlers.

It was December twentieth and we were on our Christmas holiday in Italy. We've chosen Italy, because Gia wanted to come here during the summer holiday. But I was unable to leave work during the summer for an out of the country vacation, so I'd promised her" we would during the Christmas. 

Gia has become obsessed with art and photography. It started when she was six years old. She had used the walls of our homes as her blank canvas. I remembered how Teresa had washed and scrubbed the walls getting rid of Gia's handy works. I never pay much attention to her back then, I thought she's young and soon she'll move on to something else. Well...' she did moved on, but not to something different. Her drawings slow down as she took up photography. She spends most of her time taking pictures of: - mountains, the ocean, trees and landscape, just about everything outdoors. 

Chad had notice how much Gia was addicted to this passion for nature from earlier on. He had brought Gia, her first professional camera as a birthday gift on her tenth birthday. I remembered we had a big argument about it. He bought her a three thousand dollars camera at the age of ten. And I blow a mad cap" that there's no way I was allowing her to keep something this expensive.

My children had never been short of a father, where Chad is concern. He never let them down intentionally. Where my rulings were a little tough love, Chad was the negotiator on their behalf. We're like the good cop"- bad cop version parents. 

So when Gia begs and pleaded with me, not to let her give it back, and promised she'll proved to me that she well deserve it. Chad backs her up. I had no choice, than to let her keep it. Chad helps her in her progress in proving to me, how well deserving it was for her to have her camera. Everywhere I took them, from New York, LA, Washington DC, Canada and the Caribbean Islands. Gia never leaves her camera" Our home in Jamaica and Fort Lauderdale and Chad's home also, has become an Art-Gallery, with her handy works over the past three years now.

When she did a yearly calendar with her pictures, for her art class project" (with Chad's help- of course) I was more than impressed. She had done a remarkable job" she captures the perfect pictures and matched them with the months perfectly. Like for example: - the month of January, she put the pictures of Niagara Falls partly frozen. The month of April, she put the picture of the Cherry Blossoms trees in Washington DC. The month of June, she put the picture of the best white sands beach (the Sanibel Island beach in Fort Myers Florida) throughout the whole calendar, Gia had states land marked and tourist most visited spots pictures; add to the month fit perfectly for the season. Her arts class teacher gave her A+ and told me, Gia was destined to be a great photographer. I was so proud of her, and told her as much. I promise her I'll support her 100% if this is what she really wants to do. 

Yes mum, she had said happily. 

Now here we are," in Italy. Gia has research and found a small town in Naples Italy- called Salerno. This town is on the top of her best destination to capture the perfect pictures, for her art class project. She'll be handing in, when she return to school in January.

We were traveling to spend Christmas away from home like we always do. Chad wasn't here with us, and even though he promised to call us, still it's not the same as having him here with us for Christmas. My cell rings, I fish it out of my packet quickly, thinking it was Chad. I smile to myself amaze at our connection, all I need to do" just think about him and hello there he is. The smile drop from my lips instantly! Evan Dickson number pops up on my screen.