Chapter 24

"We arrived at the bike shop, and Chad and I fought over who should flip the bill for the helmet." He was buying one that can fit my small head, so I told him that I should pay for it, but he refuse." He did let me choose the color, which was sky blue, my favorite color, so I let him pay for it." We got back on the bike and hit the highway again," This time Chad didn't care that he was speeding, and I was enjoying every minute of it."  

"One and a half hour later, we reach the main bridge that tells you that you're in the Keys." we drive for seven minutes more crossing the bridge into Key Largo." Chad slow down and pull off the road into the parking lot of a roadside dinner." 

"Hungry? He ask taking off his helmet." 

"Not really, I think that I'm too excited to eat, I told him truthfully." 

"He smiles at me; but we're not into the excited part yet, he said." 

"It's the ride, I said heading into the dinner, leaving him standing there watching me." Are you coming? I added." 

"I thought that you weren't hungry? He said catching up.' 

"Yeah, but you are, so I'll eat too I said, but before he could answer...' a young guy ask us if we need a table." 

"Yes thank you Chad said."

"We were back on the road and heading south to Key West." This time Chad was going slow, I was able to enjoy the beautiful ocean scenery. We drove for another hour, or so...before he pulls off the road to check to see if I was okay." 

"J, you okay? He asks taking off his helmet, and turning to look at me." 

"Yes, I reply, but you can go a little faster if you want, I told him." 

"Are you sure? He asks serious." 

"Yes I'm sure Chad, that's what I love about motorbikes...' the speed I told him smiling." He nods his head and put his helmet back on, before he pull back onto the road." 

"This time we drove way over an hour, before he stops again." He pulls off the road and park closer to the seawall." He turns it off and took his helmet off, as he hangs it on the bike." 

"I did the same too" while looking around my surrounding." It was one long road and nothing but the ocean on one side separated by the seawall." 

"This is called the Seven Mile Bridge, Chad said standing beside me." 

"Wow...' this is beautiful, I said looking as far as my eyes could see, out to sea." 

"Yeah...' I come here all the time Chad said motioning for me to follow him." We walk down a little walkway to get over the seawall." I follow him as we make our way to a big rock, which was sitting out into the shallow part of the ocean." 

"We sat on the flat part of the rock." The sun was shining now, but there was a light breeze blowing." And the air smells fresh and clear." The seagulls were putting on a show for us." They were flying around and making a noise as they dip in and out of the water." 

"We sat there in totally silence, just enjoying the view and watching the seabirds doing their thing." The water is so calm, I said after a while." 

"Yes, it's peaceful, that's why I come here every chance I get, Chad said." 

"I had to look at him, because all of a sudden his voice sounded sad." He was sitting with one leg up on the rock, the other one hanging off, and staring straight out to sea." I wonder if he was crying silently, judging by the sound of his voice." I wanted to look at his eyes, but he have on his dark glasses as always."