Story One Part 1 ( unedited)

Its sixty five degrees the guy on the radio was saying, as I speed on I 75 heading east to Fort Lauderdale. The same trip I've taken quite often enough. Most people would think traveling two hours to go get a physical ' which any license doctor can easily do' was simply too much." But not me...' I do this for a few reasons. 

Firstly," the weather is lovely this time of the year. October brings out the mix weather here in south Florida. We're so used to eighty and ninety degrees in Florida," so we welcome and appreciate the change in weather...'which of course doesn't last long enough. 

"Secondly," my primary care doctor is in Fort Lauderdale. Even though I lived in Bonita Springs for the past five years now, I still visit Fort Lauderdale on a monthly basis. I grow up there. And apart from doing my clothes shopping, I also get my hair done and nails too," which sadly I do once a month.  

"And thirdly," I love driving long distance; it gives me time to think and clear my head. Sometimes I just listen to music and enjoyed the drive. Sometimes I just drive in total quietness. Either way I never get tired of driving the distance. Like now for instant...' the scenery here on the alligator alley, is breath taking, it's like driving up north where the trees changes leaf. Some trees have orange leafs some have red leaf's, while others have a mix of both or more different color leafs. 

Ten twenty the clock reads on my dashboard as I pass the toll booth plaza. This time of the morning was the best time to travel on the interstate, less traffic to deal with" and the highway patrol's dies down a little after the morning rush. 

"As my exit approaches I switch lanes to my left, as the sunrise/coral springs arrow points left if I want to go north, I should exit. I no longer need to read the signs to know how to get to where I was going. My car now has a mind as to where it's going. My poor little car, it's a 1989 Toyota Cressida, it's good on gas." Plus I recently put a new engine in it, so it's good for a couple more years. All it needs now is a paint job, and it will be a brand new second hand classic car.  

I exit the highway, onto sunrise Blvd. heading east and cut my speed down to the 45 mph city limit. As I listen to Kelly Clarkson singing her heart out, (my heart can't possible break, when it wasn't even whole to start with, because of you, I never strayed too far from the side walk.) as I was driving toward the stop light at the corner of Sunrise Blvd. and saw grass- way, the light turn yellow." knowing I wasn't going to make it through before it changes to red, I hit my breaks. I barely come to a full stop, when something slammed into the back of my car sending me forward. But my seat belt did its job and pull me right back in place, hugging me tightly to my seat. 

The sound of the impact was what scared me the most; I close my eyes for a few seconds, and then open them. No pain that's good, I told myself. Thank you God I whisper, as I stayed seated for a few more seconds, trying to steady the fast beating of my heart in my eardrums. 

"Knock, knock, was the sound coming from my car window." I turn my head to the sound, there was a man bending down knocking and looking at me. He was saying something, but I couldn't hear what he was saying, between the music and the fast beating of my heart in my ears. I roll down the car window...' 

"Are you okay? He ask me putting his head through the passenger window.

"I didn't answer him; I just sat there, waiting for my heartbeat to get back to normal. He walks around the front of the car, seem as if he's coming to check to see if I was okay, since I haven't answer him. But before he could reach my side of the car, I open the door and start to get out; I got out and stand up, as he reaches me.

"Are you okay? He asks again.

"I think so I said to him as I side step him to look at the damages he had done to my poor car. After examining the damages on my car, which was only my bumper bend and falling off. A little harder hit and it would have fallen off completely. I turn my attention to his car to look at his damages. Because he wasn't going fast, the impact his car got from hitting mine's, only bent in the front of his car. I check out the car he was driving, a CLK 350 silver metallic Mercedes-Benz convertible, which looks brand new to me. I continue to check out the damages to both of our cars.