Chapter 17

Chapter 17 

"I hope that what I was doing will be the right way to go about getting J a place to live." clearly I can see that she will not live in my place without paying for it." 

"Hey, Mr. Jonathan, how are you? I said when he answers his phone." 

"Hello Chad" he replies." And added it's been awhile." 

"Yes I know," I've been a bit busy, I assure him." 

"I know what you're saying, but I wish I could say the same too." Businesses here as slow down a bit 'you know' with all the banks raising interest rates and insurance company doing the same, he told me sadly." 

"I know what's been happening with the house market" that's why I'm calling you actually; I have a friend who wants to rent the condo, if it's still available." But under no circumstance must she know that I own the condo I stated." 

"Sure, sure, it's empty now and that would be find he said." 

"Great" how soon can I take her to have a look at it? I ask hoping that he says today." 

"Anytime you want, it's on the list for renting, so it's clean and ready to go now." Just remember that it's unfurnished." 

"Good...' I'll find out if it makes any difference if it's furnish or not, but I will be coming to see it sometime in the next hour or so." Just have the paper work ready for her to fill out when we get there, if she likes it." 

"Sure thing," any change in the rental price? He asks." 

"Oh yeah..., is it still going for fifteen hundred a month? 

"Yes, and that's still including cable and water." 

"Okay, let keep it that way, but if she said that she can't afford it, we drop it to maybe twelve or so." Work something out where she can afford it, I told him."  

"Okay, maybe a move-in special or something like that he said." 

"Exactly" that's why you're good at what you do my friend, I said laughing a little." So we'll see you in an hour, and remember we never had this conversation okay?  

"Okay" I'll see you later, bye said Mr. Jonathan"...bye and thank you, I said as I hang up."  

(Thank you for reading my story." Please don't forget to hit the vote button if you like it)