Chapter 47

(NOT EdITED)

(Months later...') 

"Hey J, I've just arrived in Fort Lauderdale airport...' 

Hey you, that's awesome ...' how about we hookup for dinner later? I ask excited he's back home, after being away for two months." 

"Sounds great, it will have to be a late dinner because I'm meeting up with Ian at the office," in the next half an hour..."client meeting he added." 

"Ian's here in Miami? 

"Yeah, didn't he call you? 

"No...' 

"He must have been busy" we have two new clients we're trying to close with, he was explaining." (But I wasn't buying his explanation' Ian always called me every time he returns home) 

"Oh okay, call me if we can still have dinner, it's been awhile we haven't hang out..." and I've missed you, I said excited." 

"Sure thing will do...' later he replies back just as excited." 

"I can't believe Ian been here and haven't call me..." not even to say he's busy." That's definitely unlike him."  

"It took me three minutes to stopped my wondering and dial his cell," one ring...' two, three, four rings." Just when I thought he was scanning me call...' 

"Hi Ian...' 

"Hi love, he greets innocently." 

"How are you? I ask playing a long." 

"I'm doing well...' why do you sound as if this is our first phone call with each other, after just meeting for the first time he said and paused..." you sound so formal he added." 

"I ignored his question, and jump right to the reason why I call him." Are you here in Miami? 

"Yes and I...' I cut him off impatiently."  

"You've been here and haven't called me? I ask accusingly.' 

"I was going to call you" I just haven't got the chance to...' 

"How long have you been back home Ian? 

"Not long, he replies." 

"How many days since you've been here Ian? 

"um...'I...' just a...' about um...' 

"Ian, think hard before you answer me" cause' if you lie to me, I'll find out...' I assured him." 

"I wasn't going to lie...' I've been here three days with Pillar and I've been a bit busy showing her around Miami, he said defensively." 

"Oh Pillar is here with you" why didn't you call me, so I could entertain her, I said understandable." 

"Well...'she's here on vacation and it's only for one week." We're trying to spend as much time together on this time off." 

"Oh okay...'so will I get to see you guys before your return to Canada? 

"Well, I...' um I'm...'I'm not sure, he said stuttering." A clear sign that he's nervous talking about this."  

"Ian there's something you're not telling me, I stated." Are you guys planning a surprise wedding? I ask laughing a little.' 

"He responded with a nervous laugh of his own." Of course not, he added...' 

"Then why are you stuttering and sounding nervous? I question him."