Chapter 38

The ride was long and nerve wracking, because of the heavy snow." But I'm sure that the driver had been in situations like this a hundred times or more." We got to the airport two hours and twenty minutes later, safe and sound." That was stage one..." stage two, we have to wait on the remaining team members, because we came with a charter plane."

Everyone was sitting around comfortable," talking and laughing as if this was any normal day."(Or maybe it was) I was the new comer; all this was new to me." Ian makes sure that I was feed and comfortable," and I wonder if that were Chad's order." (I shouldn't be even thinking like that, because Ian is a good friend)

It was after eleven p.m. when Chad and the rest of the crew arrive," we waited about twenty more minutes for them to put our luggage and equipment's on the plane." We finally got on the plane, and of course Chad was my seatmate." I knew that I need to explain my little dramatic scene back at the resort," but this wasn't the time or place, the plane was full with everyone that we work with" And if there's anything that Chad hates," is mixing business with personal stuffs."

I grab a pillow and told him that, we'll talk when we get to Fort Lauderdale." Okay he said as he got comfortable in his seat," he was out cold before I could get comfortable." Chad and I both slept all the way to Fort Lauderdale." We arrived in Fort Lauderdale at dinner time in the hot and humid weather," and I could tell that everyone (except me) was happy to get out of Cold Bay." Chad was my ride home, being as he was the one who had brought me here," 'either way' I would have ride with him home because we have to talk."

"Hey, ready to go, Chad said to me, as he walks up beside me."

"Yeah, sure, I replies, and walks over to Ian to let him know that I was leaving now."

"Okay" remember no need to rush in tomorrow he reminded me," which Chad already announce to everyone from last night at the airport," yeah I remember, I said kissing his cheek." Chad had left his car at the airport parking garage, so we didn't need to wait on shuttle bus like some of our team members."

As always when they go out of town on location shoots, everyone does their part," 'for example' the guy who is in charge of the equipment's, made sure that they were packed and secure to transport back to the office all in one piece." Chad took care of mostly the accommodation," like the check-in and check-out, the services that the team members need, and transportation to get around." Now that we we're back home he can trust that everything will be taken care of." 

We walk side by side across to the other building to the car parking lot," without saying anything to each other." It wasn't a malice or not speaking to each other kind of way," but more like need privacy to talk." He opens my door for me and took our luggage's, as he put them into the car trunk." 

"He got into the car and starts the engine, as he slowly backs out." J, why is what I did by letting you take the first bus to the airport, made you so angry at me? He asks curiously." 

"I..., um, I was just over thinking things..." he cuts me off." 

"What things? He asks serious." 

"You know" because we slept together and..." 

"You thought that because we made love, that's the reason, why I wanted to make sure that you were safe? He said disbelief in his voice." 

"Chad, I... um," look, like I said I was just over thinking, and I guess that I got emotional with the way you told me that I was going whether I like it or not..." 

"I didn't say that, he said laughing a little." I was just simply making sure that my best friend was out of harm's way, that's all, he ended.

"I know, I know' I said shaking my head up on down, as I look straight at the road in front of us." The true is, I got scared that you were being too emotional with me back there," 'you know' special treatment and over protected, I said sounding embarrass." He didn't say anything for a few minutes." He kept his eyes on the road." So I continue to talk," 

"Chad you're the only person that I let gets this close to me," and I cherish our friendship more than anything else," I don't want to lose what we have, I said softly."

"J, our friendship means everything to me too, more than you would ever understand, and I don't know what you're thinking, but I won't do anything to jeopardize that," at the end of the day I'm always gonna be your best friend, and that means I will always be looking out for you, no matter what the situation is, that's the way I've always been with you." What happen between us in Alaska won't change the fact that we're friends who always have each other's back, he told me serious."  

"I know, I said barely audible." I'm sorry, its, um," I was finding it hard to explain myself to why I've reacted the way I did back in Alaska." It's just that I don't get too deep anymore," (there' I've said it)  

"It's Okay J, I totally understand," we've talked about this already, remember? He said looking at me for a second." 

Yup, I remember, you know me, always over thinking, I said laughing." By the time he drop me off, I was my old self again, chatting up a storm, about any and everything." He took my luggage up to my apartment for me, he stayed long enough to drink a bottle of water, then he kiss my cheek and hug me close to him, as I inhale his body scent, 'heavenly' I said in my head." 

"See you tomorrow; he said walking to the door," 

"Late" right...? He looks at me with a question on his face." 

"Ian's words not mines I said grinning." 

"Whatever you say", he replies, closing the door." 

*********************************************************************************************

Chad was beside himself, for what had happen between him and J in Alaska." (Sure he loves every minute of their intimacies, but that's beside the point.) He was stepping into forbidden territory." he was feeling emotions," something he hasn't felt for a very long time." He doesn't do emotions," he doesn't feel the need for wants, this part of him is supposed to stay hidden." and especially with his best friend."

On his drive home, everything that had happen between them intimately, was replaying back in his mind." He could force the memories out of his mind," but he finds that he wanted to relive every second of it all." J was everything and more than he had imagined she would be in bed." And that's the bad part, because he can't have her in that form." The crazy thing is", J loves every minute of it too." She reacted to her knowledge of her feeling totally different."

She got mad and upset at herself, because she was feeling too much emotion towards me," and I could tell that it scares her." If only she knew that my reaction is carbon copy to hers, she would be amaze." Needless to say, I need to separate myself from these new found feelings for her." Frankie needs me in Canada, to help him out with the company," now should be a good time to leave than any other time."

He pulls into his garage and turn the car off, but didn't get out right away." J it is too dangerous for you to get this close to me." I need to tell her about my family background, but I am worried that once she hears about it, she might want to stay away from me forever." I can't allow that to happen," she's the most trusted and truest friend I have." She's good for my spirit."

(Thank you for reading my story." Please don't forget to hit the vote button at the bottom if you like it)