Chapter 23

Shen Weixi returned to the outside of the ward in despair.

    Ye Zhi had been waiting for him in the corridor. Seeing him approaching, he couldn't help but care, "Vichy, what's wrong with you? Why is your face so bad?"

    He bent down slightly and took out a handkerchief to wipe the sweat from Shen Weixi's forehead, but the man waved his hand away.

    "Do not touch me!"

    Ye Zhi looked at him with a hurt expression.

    "Vichy, there's something you can say straight, if I'm doing something wrong..."

    Shen Weixi suddenly raised his head and looked at him with cold eyes, "When I proposed to you before, didn't you reject it? Why did my uncle ask me to take care of you today and force me to marry you?"

    Ye Zhi bit her lip and looked at him aggrievedly, "Vichy, do you think I'm planning all this behind the scenes?"

."Heh, I just don't understand. People who kept saying that they couldn't be sorry for their cousin before, why are they so careless today?"

    Ye Zhi looked at him angrily, "Vichy, who do you take me for? Uncle is lying on the hospital bed, of course I can't go against his will."

    "Stop being hypocritical, do you still have a truth in your mouth!"

    Ye Zhi's pupils shrank a little and looked at him in shock. What happened just now, why does Shen Weixi seem to be a completely different person to him?

    "Wei Xi, how can you distrust me so much? Or...you're in love with Zhai Siluo now, and you've long forgotten your promise to me?"

    Shen Weixi sneered, his black eyes staring at Ye Zhi with an unprecedented irony in his eyes.

    "I don't trust you? Didn't you lie to me first!"

.Ye Zhi's eyes hurt, "Vichy, I don't understand what you're talking about."

    "I was injured when I was a sophomore in high school, and I was hospitalized for two months. Who was the person who took care of me?"

    Ye Zhi's eyes moved, her eyelashes drooping slightly, "Vichy, did anyone tell you something?"

    Shen Weixi smiled wryly, sat down on the bench, his eyes were confused, "You don't know, how much pain I was in those two months, I couldn't see things clearly, couldn't move my legs, I could only lie on the hospital bed like a waste, I just scolded the nurse and walked away several times. But that person showed up. He was so gentle and patient. He knew what I wanted, and he tolerated everything when I lost my temper. One night, I felt , He was gently touching my face, I thought I would be very repulsive, but I liked it very much in my heart, thinking that when my eyes are healed, I will ask who he is."

    "Then the nurse told me that it was you..I thought you had a secret crush on me, you did all these things. I just thought that I must cherish you in the future, treat you well, and not let you suffer anything. "

    "Vichy, that person is indeed me. I fell in love with you not long after I transferred schools, since the first time I saw you—"

    "Is it really you?" Shen Weixi's eyes suddenly became sharp, looking at him as sharply as a blade.

    "Do you know who I just met? The male nurse who took care of me back then."

    Ye Zhi's face froze, and his expression became extraordinarily pale.

    "Before, I never doubted you. Yes, you have a miserable background, excellent grades, and you are weak and well-behaved. I thought you were the same inside as you looked, but today I found out that I was all wrong."