Chapter 6

6.

Devyn

After I ate lunch with Kai and his friends I went back to work to finish my three hour shift before it was time to get him from school.

I park and I see him running to the car. "Bye guys!" He waved at his friends and they waved before walking their separate ways.

"Hi." He said once he hopped in.

"Hi you little conniving child. How was the rest of your day?" I asked.

"It was great! They sung me happy birthday and we had recess!" He yelled as I glance back to see his seatbelt was buckled so I pulled off.

"That sounds great buddy. So, what do you want for dinner?" I asked turning the corner.

"Pasta." He said and I nod. "That can be arranged. What do you want in it?"

"Uh, shrimps. Oh, and chicken!" He says excitedly.

"Alright, you want garlic bread?" I asked and I see him nod. "Yes please."

"Alright buddy, anything you want. It's your day." I said happily.

"Did you call their parents yet?" He asked and I laughed.

"Not yet, I'll call them as soon as I get settled ok?" I asked and he nods. "Alright, don't forget."

"I won't buddy, I promise."

_

We get in and he runs into his room going to change out his uniform. I go to the kitchen to get all the ingredients for the pasta.

I go to wash my hands stopping my movements when I hear Kai yell. "Did you call them yet?!"

"Kai if you ask me that one more time I ain't gonna call them!" I yelled trying to hide my laughter.

"Nooooo." He whines and I shake my head. "Devyn, pleaseeeeee."

"Alright alright fine, come get my phone for me." I said and I hear his little feet run out the room.

He grabs my phone off the counter yelling into it. "Call my friends parents."

Siri doesn't say anything and I laugh as he pouts. "You gotta say hey Siri buddy." I said.

"Oh, ok. Hi Siri, call my friends parents." He said and I burst out laughing.

"No no no, like this. Hey Siri, call Riley's Dad." I said and she starts dialing it.

"How did you do that?" He asked shocked.

"I'll teach you later, put it on speaker." I said motioning to the phone and he nods pressing the button.

After a few rings I hear a voice. "Hello?"

"Hi!" Kai says eagerly into the phone.

"Uh, hi. Who is this?" The man asked.

"This is Kai, who is this?" Kai asked in the same tone and I cover my mouth to laugh.

"This is Stephen. Kai, why do I know your name?" He said.

"Well I'm friends with your kids man, this is why I'm calling you." He said and I shake my head amused.

"Alright alright, hand me the phone." I said and he pushed it to me.

"Hello?"

"Oh we have two voices. Ok, hi." He said.

"Hi, I'm Devyn, Kai's older sister. Your children gave me your number." I said.